Search results

1. Jon229

Need advise on finding abandoned septic tank

65 yr old house, originally on septic, but about 50 yrs ago transitioned to city sewer. I want to park vehicles and a heavy RV over the general area of the tank. But how do I find that tank? I've poked around with rebar (maybe did not go deep enough about 12-16") and also cannot find a tank...
  2. Jon229

Gravity recirc stopped working

I've been using a gravity recirc loop (60 ft from tank to last fixture) on my water heater for several years. It worked very well. Bottom of the tank is about 8 ft below the supply & return lines. I had my 18 yr old gas Rudd tank replaced with a new Bradford White M2XR504 and now my recirc...
  3. Jon229

Trenchless- burst vs liner?

I need to replace the 4" lateral on my 54 yr old house due to roots. Currently cleaning out every 3 months but sometimes that is not sufficient. Based on common building methods in my area I believe that Orangeburg was used. Originally there was a septic tank that was later replaced with city...
  4. Jon229

Old angle valve rebuild kit?

I have several old brass angle valves that leak at the stem packing and where the bonnet fits to the body. I am unable to find a source for a rebuild kit. These valves are 1" & !-1/4", probably made in the 1950's. HL Gee, Buckner, & Thompson are on some of the valves. Goggle hasn't helped...
  5. Jon229

Adding cleanout to sewer line

I'm planning on adding an ABS wye into an iron pipe sewer line (lateral) because my present cleanout is no longer accessable. It's 2ft below the surface of a lawn, just outside my foundation. I'm going to use Fernco rubber coupling to make the transitions. I am concerned about roots...
  6. Jon229

Add Cleanout to iron pipe sewer

My sewer cleanout is in a short crawlspace with less than 6 in. clearance to a furnace plenum so it's really not usable. The bell end with the brass cleanout (which is frozen into place) is on the end of the 'Y' from the toilet so there seems to be insufficient space to try to extend from the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks