Search results

1. R

Seeking 14 1/2" wide fluorescent fixture to fit up between joists

The drop-ins I use take less than 4", your suspended ceiling needs a minimum of 3½", a ½" shouldn't be that critical.
  2. R

Installing suspended ceiling grid

You would have twice the number of main runners to hang/wire up, plus it will cost you more. Check the cost of one main runner versus 3 4' cross tees. You can put in 3 4' cross tees quicker than hanging one main runner. It would be a lot of unnecessary work.
  3. R

Wooden Frame in Shower area.. How to Seal... HELP

Save yourself a lot of headache and replace it with an all vinyl awning window and use vinyl trim.
  4. R

Bifold Closet Door

When bought as a Johnson hardware kit the 2 spring loaded pins are the same- ½" sounds right,never measured one.
  5. R

Bifold Closet Door

The picture you posted is Johnson hardware. The hole with the screw is the pivot/adjustment. The other with the rubber/screw is the bumper that goes at the other end. You should have 3 pins that go into the bifold unit. One should have a screw adjustment on it, that goes in the bottom of the...
  6. R

Vermiculite?

The color doesn't look right for vermiculite. Vermiculite is pour-able. It looks like large granular material. If it's in a wall and you cut a hole at the bottom, it will run out like grain would. I would insulate those two exhaust ducts, or you will get alot of condensation running into your...
  7. R

Walls made of nothing!

What was the existing plaster fastened to, wood lathe or solid 3/4 T&G wood with inverted V grooves. Usually houses with no outside wood subsiding had the solid wood T&G, this took the place of the exterior subsiding and also gave the backer for the plaster.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks