Search results

1. ChrisTyrrell

Recommend a water heater brand?

I see that the floor underneath my water heater is damp, so it looks like I'll be calling the plumber this week (I'm not qualified to even think about touching a gas line). The existing heater is a Rheem 40 gal natural gas and it wasn't new when I bought the house 10 years ago, so Rheem seems...
  2. ChrisTyrrell

New toilet installation leaks around wax ring

It turned out to be a defective bowl After 5 wax rings, I found a Fernco no-wax doohickie. Why the most critical waste connection would be so primitive I don't know, but this no-wax connection is the way to go. Anyway, since there's no opportunity for a leak with this type of connection, I took...
  3. ChrisTyrrell

Still no luck. I've tried again, this time with a plain wax ring, and discovered hours later that there's a tiny leak somewhere around the back. A tissue was set on floor with one edge wedged under the edge of the toilet to wick out any water and make a leak visible. This is especially...
  4. ChrisTyrrell

Addendum: It's still dripping. Crack in the trap? After having wiped water from the floor joist earlier, I see that it's still dripping, so I have to wonder if maybe the toilet is cracked in the trap. Considering the items we've had to return due to defects over the course of this remodel, I...
  5. ChrisTyrrell

Hi all. I just finished installing a new Kohler toilet on top of a new PVC flange using a FluidMaster No-Seep No.3 wax ring. The flange rests on a square piece of plywood of the same thickness as the floor tile. After flushing, I noticed from the basement that water leaked and dripped...
  6. ChrisTyrrell

Replacing a lead soil tube

Thanks for the help - it worked Your help regarding my lead soil tube was right on. I was originally planning on beginning with removing the solder around the ferrule, but I'm so glad I didn't after reading your advice. The ferrule turned out to be 3", just like my PVC and the Fernco coupler I...
  7. ChrisTyrrell

Replacing a lead soil tube

While remodeling a bathroom (built in '52), I had to destroy the existing brass flange and soil tube in order to remove the flooring (Ok, I didn't HAVE to, but I did it anyway because I don't know what the heck I'm doing). The soil tube was lead, attached to a slightly larger pipe (not lead, not...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks