Search results

1. Arfeller

Electrical box manufactured incorrectly???

I bought a couple electrical boxes and when I went to install on some new construction I got very confused... Yeah, this is supposed to be pretty simple installation I have done many times before but this box has me flummoxed. I actually think it was manufactured incorrectly. Am I missing...
  2. Arfeller

Do main stacks have to be vertical?

Major remodel. Basically demo'd half the house and rebuilt. Poured a new concrete footing and relocated the bathroom and kitchen. Way more then I first intended. Isn't it always?? But... I messed up and did not allow for a channel through the foundation for the sanitary sewer line. The...
  3. Arfeller

Moving Sanitary Sewer Line for house remodel

I cross posted this in the remodel section. Not sure if better in plumbing or remodel forum. I am remodeling an older home that is currently on post and pillar construction. I will be pouring a footing around the perimeter to add a foundation. I am also going to square up the house and get...
  4. Arfeller

Moving sanitary sewer main during house remodel

I am remodeling an older home that is currently on post and pillar construction. I will be pouring a footing around the perimeter to add a foundation. I am also going to square up the house and get rid of all the current jogs in the exterior walls. The main sanitary sewer pipe is fairly...
  5. Arfeller

Using Multi Conductor wire for heavy load

I recently saw multi conductor wire being used as the feed for a load center. All the conductors were stripped separately and then all put together under the clamp on both ends. Normally I would see a multi strand cable used. The multi conductor wire looked odd and I would think it would...
  6. Arfeller

Good Water heater brands? Reliance, Kenmore....

I need to replace my hot water heater and would like to purchase an electric unit 66-80 gallons. 12 Year warranty. I live in a small town and have found two units that match this Reliance 80 gallon, 12 year warranty (12 80 DART) Kenmore 80 gallon, 12 year warranty Does anybody have...
  7. Arfeller

Two outlets from one switch

I would like to supply two outlets from one switch. However, the outlets are on opposite sides of the room with the switch in the middle. Normally, i would daisy chain the outlets together but in this case I would rather have them both fed from switch independently. I don't think putting...
  8. Arfeller

Proposed drain and vent for bathroom remodel, UPC

I've read through a lot of different posts and I think I have came up with the correct venting and drain configuration. I'm not very good at drawing so hopefully it makes sense. My vanity, toilet and tub are all along the same wall that is about 10' feet long. The main sewer line comes up...
  9. Arfeller

Opinions on acrylic bathroom countertops with integrated sink

Hello, I'm looking at acrylic vanity tops for a bathroom and saw the integrated one piece systems that have acrylic sink attached to the acrylic top. Are these a good option or is it better to go with a porcelain sink? This might just be a personal opinion thing. Thanks Rob
  10. Arfeller

Suggestions for good online PEX supplier

I am interested to know if anybody here has a suggestion for a good online source for PEX tubing and fittings. I'm replacing galvanized supply lines with PEX. Also, are there specific manufacturers that are recommended? All the runs are 25 feet or less so I'm planning to use 3/4" for main...
  11. Arfeller

Toto Ultramax EL with Washlet S300. Good combo?

I'm trying to match up a good toilet with the Washlet S300 system. Would the Ultramax be a good toilet for this unit? I have not purchased the Washlet S300 yet but plan to purchase it soon. Is there another option like a toilet that comes with the washlet or washlet like system as a...
  12. Arfeller

Looking for 2 person bath with shower.

I am looking for some fixtures for a bathroom remodel. I would like to place the bathtub at the end of the bathroom instead of along the side as it is now. The room dimesntions are 114" x 68". I would like to get a two person bath that will work with a tiled 3 wall surrround and shower...
  13. Arfeller

Two scary wiring mistakes in my garage

While upgrading the service in my garage I ran into these gems. After I found the first I began removing ALL the wiring in the garage and will replace everything. Also notice, the cover on the box was made out of a thin tin cut to the correct size. All wires were found this way, i did not...
  14. Arfeller

Want to run new feed to garage

I purchased my home about 2 year ago. The previous owner has used an exterior 12/2 with ground direct burrial cable to provide power to the garage. I would like to add a 220V circuit and up the power to the garage. I will abandon the 12/2 and run 6/3 with ground (romex, unless there is...
  15. Arfeller

Conduit Fill Question

Hi, i have a conduit coming out of the bottom of my service panel that currently has some 12/2 romex ran through it. I would like to know how many 12/2 wires i can run through it.The outside of the conduit is stamped - "EXTRA HEAVY PVC USE NEC TABLE FOR WIRE FILL CAPACITY 2.87 SQ IN" Soo...
  16. Arfeller

Help with water in basement (Not sure if this correct Forum)

Hello, I've used this forum in the past for some electrical questions and i lurk here often. I recently purchased a 1922 house and am having some water issues in the basement. Not sure if this is a question relative to plumbing, but.... thought i would pick your brains on it. I have...
  17. Arfeller

Rewiring Knob and Tube in Attic

Greetings, I am purchasing a home that was built in 1922 which has Knob and tube wiring in the attic. 1. The House has updated 200 amp service with breaker box (a little small, 20 1" slots) 2. Has open unfinished basement and nice 2' crawlspace. All other knob and tube has been replaced...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks