Search results

1. Granny2HWBLGJJ

Replacing a closet toilet flange

Hi everyone! I'm baaaaaaaack........ Lonnie......My hat is off to the military and not just cause they risk life and limb but cause they have to clean everything so spit shine clean to move.....it was nuts......we spent 3 days cleaning and that was after my son and his wife had already cleaned...
  2. Granny2HWBLGJJ

Thanks Thanks so much .......can I install the toilet the day after I grout? My husband actually bought one of those no wax things but it said for 3 inch and our drain is 4 inch so I took it back and got the wax kit with new bolts etc.....anyway......I hope I never have to take the toilet up...
  3. Granny2HWBLGJJ

yes kokopup....just wanted plumbers opinion also It seems that tile folks and plumbers don't always see eye to eye.....but I figure plumbers see more leaks than do tile folks....and it never hurts to get two opinions or more huh?...however I have almost more information than I can handle on...
  4. Granny2HWBLGJJ

is this right????...... getting ready to thin set tomorrow and don't want to blow the toilet installation in the process.....I have the holes marked to predrill and will set it as soon as I know it's right..... Thanks, Laura
  5. Granny2HWBLGJJ

sorry bout all the posts ......... but I forgot to ask.......do I need to clean the soil drian and if so what do you use to do that? can't say that I have ever scrubbed the inside of a toilet pipe so I don't have a clue what is ok to use to do it.......bleach? comet? green scrub pad? yuk but I...
  6. Granny2HWBLGJJ

ok this is what they tell me is the CI mechanical flange .....it looks plastic but its a hard plastic.....is this the critter I need? there was a plumber at the supply place that said I needed to file down the top of the pipe to make sure no lead was sticking up.....I don't think any is sticking...
  7. Granny2HWBLGJJ

hugs for helpin' {{{{{{{{{Lonnie the plumber too}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
  8. Granny2HWBLGJJ

I feel like singing the Hallelujah chorus and dancin a jig......so no concrete just bolts and tools??? I will let choo know how I survive the plumbing supply k? Thank-you thank-you thank-you!!! :D ({{{{{{{{{DEB}}}}}}}}}}}}<------squshy cyber hugs......
  9. Granny2HWBLGJJ

do you mean the flange goes down in the pipe rather than on the outside of it so you don't have to dig the concrete out????? :confused:
  10. Granny2HWBLGJJ

toilet flange pic ok I think I got it attached......when I click on the insert picture it just gives me a http script......it measures 4 inches
  11. Granny2HWBLGJJ

Thank you both for replying......I can use all the help I can get......I would send you pictures if I could figure out how to....the flange is completely broken off the floor.......I have no idea what the pipe is......but the closet flange is some kind of metal and its broken.....it looks like...
  12. Granny2HWBLGJJ

I need to replace the closet flange on my hall toilet and all the things I have read say you have to seal it, attach it, glue it, etc, but none tell me what to attach it with.......is there a special cement that you use to do this.....and do I dig out the old concrete first? if so how much? and...
  13. Granny2HWBLGJJ

steel tub installation

thanks for your help and the link......and you are right.....they will just be glad to be home......I know my son has had to train his men and women to burn their waste with diesel fuel in the desert so I know he will be happy to share one toilet.....that is one of the things he asked to hear...
  14. Granny2HWBLGJJ

steel tub installation

thanks Jimbo...I think I can handle the replacing of the pipe shoe with a lil help from hubby......I bought the concrete type backer board for the walls and am putting it up with the screws they recommend and then I got the mastic ceramic tile glue stuff and the lil spacers....I tiled in a...
  15. Granny2HWBLGJJ

steel tub installation

thank you both for your replys.....may I ask first lonnie why a steel tub is a bad choice?...its a hall guest bath and is not used on a regular basis....except for the toilet....and a cast iron tub would be very hard for me to move.....I think I would have to hire a plumber if I did that and...
  16. Granny2HWBLGJJ

steel tub installation

This may seem really silly but I cannot get my steel tub to level out .....the drain sorta leans and the seal seems to compensate for that but....in order to get the drain to be flat in the tub bottom it needs to be higher off the floor I think........I took the old tub out and put the new one...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks