Search results

1. babaganoosh

Toilet waste pipe rotting away? What's the best fix?

pee and don't flush!? You been watching me? Gross as it may be, I (foolishly?) routinely don't do that in my bedroom bathroom - save water / lower water and sewer bill? I'm thinking the urine is staying in the bowl. How's that affecting the waste line till you flush? very acidic water at...
  2. babaganoosh

oh, and you mention this: maybe clorine tablets in the tank, or even urine you meant that to explain the rotting away? Does copper pipe normally rot away over 10s of years?
  3. babaganoosh

Thanks. Do you think it's a DIY task? And / or what the hours would be? Everthing on top / below is accessible. I don't want to spend loads of time and still have a leaker if it's only a couple? hours of a pro (never had a plumber or most any other pro work at my home so I am totally...
  4. babaganoosh

I like to think I am somewhat handy, but a little bit of knowledge can be dangerous. A toilet on 1st floor has 3" copper waste pipe. The house is 45 years old? The bathroom is over a crawl space, so the waste line below is accessible. There's been a crack / split in the waste pipe. I had put...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks