Search results

1. roygbiv

Would you go tankless in this case?

haha - oh how we wish we had those luxuries in our house. We just have a standard 1960's CA ranch with small bathrooms (remodeled, but with no room for anything but the basic fixtures). We are not a water guzzling family. We typically have no more than 2 appliances going at the same time but...
  2. roygbiv

Thanks Scott! I have found this issue to be a very polarizing one. As in my reply to zl700, my trusty plumber won't even discuss it with me. The only thing that bothers me is that the tankless experienced install base is small and they seem to charge a premium for what they do. I wish I had...
  3. roygbiv

Hi zl700, thanks for the response. The tankless will actually be 20 feet away but a tanked unit in the garage would be 50 feet away. Do you think the tanked unit 50 feet away will be an issue in terms of getting hot water to the bathrooms? Will the 20 feet impact the tankless performance? My...
  4. roygbiv

I have a 14 year old 40 gal Rheem tanked gas water heater in a hall closet. I want to move it out of the house. The estimate to move it 50 feet away into the garage is $2500 (also gas). The estimate to install a gas tankless on an exterior wall 20 feet away averages $4000. So taking into the...
  5. roygbiv

Is there a compact elongated toilet less than 27 1/2 in?

pocket door, Am Std Hamiliton No, I really do mean a pocket door. It slides into the wall. The opening faces the toilet. I looked at the Hamilton but it is 27 1/2". I guess that's as small as they come. The Am Std Cadet is also 27 1/2" as well as the Kohler Santa Rosa. I guess the...
  6. roygbiv

Is there a compact elongated toilet less than 27 1/2 in?

I have a very small bathroom where the pocket door opens to the toilet. I want to use an elongated toilet but all the compact/space saving toilets I can find are 27 1/2" in length (American Standard, Kohler). My rough in is 12". Is there a compact elongated out there that takes up less space...
  7. roygbiv

ABS or PVC shower drain? which is better?

thanks for the chuckle Lonny - Enjoy another cigar. Thanks for the help. :)
  8. roygbiv

thanks all! I'm in No Cal and am 99% sure we are going with the Schluter Kerdi shower system (walls, tray, drain). Their drains can be ordered for either PVC or ABS. The drain in our other bathroom is ABS. So it sounds like either is fine and it's a personal choice.
  9. roygbiv

I need to convert my cast iron shower drain (meaning just the p-trap & drain, line remains cast iron) to either ABS or PVC for a new shower system I am putting in. This is for a shower stall that will be completely tiled - ceiling, 3 walls, floor - if that makes any difference. I realize this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks