Search results

1. River Rat

Lose of Heat Through Duct Work

How can one stop the lose of heat through your heat ducts? I would like to make my Heat Ducts more effect but would like to know how one can do it?
  2. River Rat

TRION HE Plus 1400/2000 Air Cleaner

I am looking to buy a Electronic Whole-House Air Cleaner HE Plus 1400/2000 and would like to have your feed back on the TRION LINE and what you feeling is about the HE Plus 1400/2000, compareint it with the Aprilaire's ? :confused::confused:
  3. River Rat

Heating My Shed Natural Gas

Can you gave some Brand Names so I can look the up? This way I can see what you mean and what you are talking about.
  4. River Rat

I have the trench dug and now would be the time to put heating in it, it is better than 100 feet away from my house.
  5. River Rat

Can you explain on what would be the best way to heat it useing the safest heating system out there for this size of builting? The most effect system: would be?
  6. River Rat

I have just put up a 14' X 16" shed and would like to heat it in the Winter time, I would like to know what type of Natural Gas Heater you would put into this Shed? Also is there any other type of heat I should be looking at, that would be cheaper than Natural Gas? I live in Northwest Ohio...
  7. River Rat

Remodeling Basement

What do you do if someone already painted the wall and you do not know what they used to paint it with?
  8. River Rat

Remodeling Basement

I was looking at CBU and could not find it on search, could you tell me what it stands for. This maybe the way I will go.
  9. River Rat

How Many Outlets Can Be On One Circuit

I am a firm believer in using Florescent Lights or energy effectuate lighting as much as possible where ever possible and then some. Yes I think GREEN save energy and lower that electric bill. What is the best lighting in a Basement that would be used as a family room? Right now it looks...
  10. River Rat

Remodeling Basement

I live in Northwest Ohio where Winters get cold so we would use the Basement in the Winter time more than the Summer time. You ask why paint the walls more or less to keep the dampness at control if we would ever get any. As far as pluming no I would not put any more in, just what we have...
  11. River Rat

Remodeling Basement

I would like to know what would be the best thing to put on my walls in the basement Owens Corning or Green Board or Plain Drywall? What would be the PRO & CON'S on all three? My basement is dry, and it is a concrate block. Should one put a paint on the walls and if so what would be the...
  12. River Rat

How Many Outlets Can Be On One Circuit

[B]I am looking at remodeling my Basement and would like to know how many outlets I can put on one ( 1 ) circuit? Than I will be putting up lights and that would be on another circuit. What would be the best lighting to put in the Basement to get the best use out of it?
  13. River Rat

Back-Up Sump Pump Which is better

I am looking at getting a Back-Up Sump Pump and would like to know which one is a betterone, the batter type or the water pursure type? I am on City water.
  14. River Rat

Insulateing My House

Does Cellulose come in R 19 or higher? I have just put new windows in my house 11/2 years ago along with new doors. Don't know where else to go to improve the heat saveings. Put 2 layers of R 25 in the Atic. The only place I did not put it is around the top of the footer, will this...
  15. River Rat

Insulateing the Heat & Cooling Ducts

I would like to know what is the best thing to use to insulate your Heat & Cooling ducts? I am talking about wraping them to keep the heat & cooling in the ducts.
  16. River Rat

A/C Duct Locations

A long with that you want your vents to be on the ciling or high on the walls.
  17. River Rat

Lennox, Tran Vs. Ruud Ac

Yes that would be one of the BIGGEST things to check WARRANTIES and FEATURES of the three, you maybe surprizzed at them. Also how loud they run.
  18. River Rat

Lennox, Tran Vs. Ruud Ac

I would to know how Lennox and Tran compare with RUUD AC? PRO and CON about all three AC in the 13 SEER. Which one uses the most kHw and the one that uses the less kHw? Yes I know we are talking about the same seer.
  19. River Rat

Insulateing My House

I have just put on new siding and now I would like to insulate the walls of my home. Yes I should have done this before putting the siding on. " MISTAKE " What do I have to do to get my insulation in the wall? I should say if I do have insulation in the walls which I do and want to put more...
  20. River Rat

Tile around Basement runs slow

My tile around my basement runs slow into my Sump Pump area, there is sand in the tile or dirt or something that is makeing it run slow. The house is 34 years old and when it was built they used Plastic Feild Tile and I am going to say that they did not put stone around and on top of it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks