Search results

1. Chris75

Pool tripping GFCI breaker

Exactly my point on my comment of a 1.5 HP pump at 120v, it would be a code violation anyways, since they are on for more than 3 hours. :)
  2. Chris75

1.5 hp motor at 120volts? highly doubt it.
  3. Chris75

The motor is probably shot. just a stupid guess though. :rolleyes:
  4. Chris75

Open Ground after change to GFCI

Its not the GFCI's that have changed, but the appliances. :) GFCI's were never the problem, is was poorly designed appliances.
  5. Chris75

Open Ground after change to GFCI

[/quotejar546]The new generation of GFCI receptacles are not prone to the same nuisance tripping as they once were. Its not the GFCI's that have changed, but the appliances. :) GFCI's were never the problem, is was poorly designed appliances.
  6. Chris75

Receptacles

Yep, every house I do has about 2 spares left, if i'm lucky, Of course I always try to sell a generator panel setup before hand. :)
  7. Chris75

Changing Bath Exhaust Fan

Your basically old working the fan right? if so, then I have no problems burying a j-box behind the new fan, is it a real pain in the ass for the next guy, sure, but does it meet code, yes it does. :)
  8. Chris75

Outdoor sub-panel for pool

yes a ground rod is required. read article 250.32 :)
  9. Chris75

Can I use 10/2 cable on a regular 12 or 20amp circuit?

Your a goof ball. :D Who cares what the next idiot does?
  10. Chris75

Wiring and Insulation

I believe by building code you must split the insulation.
  11. Chris75

Steam generator wire size check

As already mentioned, if your going to use NM type cable, then it cannot be smaller than #6 AWG. Personally if I was doing the job thats exactly what you would get, 6-2 NM cable supplied from a 50 amp breaker.
  12. Chris75

knob & tube question

Trace out everything before you just start cutting stuff.... I wasnt around in 1915, so not sure what common was.
  13. Chris75

Can't figure this out! Need some elec. know-how

The receptacle is in the DW space?
  14. Chris75

AC Cable to NM (ROMEX®)

I dont know why your suggesting any of that...
  15. Chris75

AC Cable to NM (ROMEX®)

If the AC cable does not contain a bonding strip then you cannot use the jacket as an equipment ground, nor extend those circuits with NM. Just start installing new circuits with NM back to the panel. Which I believe was your orginal question to begin with, Inside the panel the grounds and...
  16. Chris75

AC Cable to NM (ROMEX®)

This thread should be a good one... :D
  17. Chris75

Misc Residentual Code Questions

People make mistakes, nobody is perfect, but I do try to educate.... glad you learned something today. :)
  18. Chris75

The cord can be longer than 4', it can ONLY be 3' to 4' from the actual plug to the plane of the rear of the appliance, so in other words, since the dishwasher is 24" deep, I could install a 6' cord and meet code. 422.16 Flexible Cords. (2) Built-in Dishwashers and Trash Compactors...
  19. Chris75

Code reference? Code reference?
  20. Chris75

undercounter lighting

If you do choose low voltage, none of the wiring can be concealed in the walls. Makes for a tough clean looking install.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks