Search results

1. T

Pipe and water noise

I am remodeling my house and have drywall off walls. I have new copper comming into house from the main then 1 ft. up into pex. The main is very noisy, what would you recomend to quiet it down before I drywall. Also I am installing a Bosch 2400 gas tankless and I have heard they do make some...
  2. T

Kitchen sink drain

I am installing a new sink in an older house, I read on this board about a problem with a new deep sink and the drain in the wall being too high for drainage for dishwasher, disposal etc. What would be a safe drop distance from the bottom of sink to drain pipe to accomadate DW, DISP. etc. Thanks
  3. T

Will this work !!

Doing a total remodel on a 80's ranch in Ca. I could not find the style or color of frame for replacement windows so I ordered alunimum replacements with a 1 1/2 in. flange in a dark color,( vinyl would fade ) please let me know if you think this type of install will work. I removed the...
  4. T

Sharing a shower drain and vent

I am putting in a whirlpool tub that will be in line with the shower drain, can these two share a drain and vent, do both need traps, I am making the shower bigger and have to move the drain out about 6 " to be in center of shower so can I 90 off the new drain to the old one for both units, also...
  5. T

Add on sink connection

I am adding an island sink in the kitchen with slab floor to existing wall sink , I have cut and jackhammered out the concrete ( what a job ) and I need to know how to make the connection so I can share the vent and drain. Thanks, Tim
  6. T

Re piping with PEX

I have a 30 year old home with galvanized water pipes and will be re-piping with pex. We are on a well and the main comming into the house is gal. What type of connection adapter do I use ? pipe is 1 in. Also is there anyone that can give me direction on installation for the system if I spell...
  7. T

Rusty pipes

I bought and am remodeling a 30 year old house in Ca. when I took one of the shut off valves off in one bath the pipe was brownish color on the inside. We are on a well. What does this mean, should I be concerned ? water appears clear at tap. I am putting all new valves and fixtures in and if I...
  8. T

In line water filters/softners

Do they work and what type or brand would you recomend for a hose bib, washing machine, drinking water etc. that can be connected easily, or should I consider a whole house system and if so what kind etc. 4 person, 3 bath, 2800 sq ft. home. Thanks, Tim
  9. T

Total house remodel

New to this forum, need advice on under sink shutoff valves, shower valves, facuets, etc. on which brand to buy. Are the ones at Lowes or HD quality or should I look for a specific brand at a supply house. This should be the last house we remodel so I want to do it right with quality parts...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks