Search results

1. Cubey

Seasonal septic drain field ground saturation?

I was out mowing my back yard for the first time this year and found a few very saturated places that are like small holes filled with water that I think are at the end of my drain field. The diagram I got from the health dept isn't even drawn properly in relation to a shed slab that has been...
  2. Cubey

Push-on valve question

I am in the process of purchasing a home. One repair the seller has done was to put a new valve on the master bathroom sink. She had a push-on valve installed (most likely "Keeney" brand from Lowes) and I found that the entire valve is able rotate. Is this normal for push-on fittings by design...
  3. Cubey

Grounding a portable generator

I plan to occasionally use a portable generator (about 3500w or so in case it matters) when boondocking (camping off the grid) with my travel trailer. Typically proper ground rods are 8ft however, trying to install an 8ft ground rod for temporary use of perhaps only a few days would be highly...
  4. Cubey

Neutral/ground at sub breaker panel

I purchased a breaker box with 2 slots for a project I am working on for a portable outdoor 30 amp to 15 amp converter that features an outdoor breaker box with two 15 amp breakers leading to 2 duplex outlets with an in-use weatherproof cover, raised up off the ground by a stand. I will then...
  5. Cubey

Breaker questions

Hello all. I am working on a vintage Shasta travel trailer and I am slightly concerned about the electrical situation with it. It uses a normal 15 amp electrical hookup vs the large 30 amp that RVs now use. I suspect the last owner put in this standard circuit breaker as a replacement for some...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks