Search results

1. moray

no water for Christmas, please help! well pump suddenly not cycling

Hello, We have a Goulds 15S shallow well pump that mysteriously stopped cycling this morning. We have nothing but a trickle coming out of our faucets. The pump has a digital pressure switch (Amtrol), which is reading "31..88..31..blank..31..88..31..blank" etc.. Any idea what I could do to...
  2. moray

leaky fill valve AND shutoff valve

Hello toilet experts! We have a toilet with a fluidmaster 400a fill valve, which I suspect may be leaking due to debris under the valve seal. I have tried to adjust the float height, but that doesn't seem to stop the leaking. However, the shutoff valve is also leaking, and I'm not sure...
  3. moray

is our pump dying? can we fix it?

Hello everyone, About a year ago, we were having some problems with our pump: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14716 In brief, we live on a steep hill and have a Sta-Rite multi-stage jet pump to boost the water pressure from the street (HMSF Series - 1.5 HP). Hooked up to...
  4. moray

perplexed by our pressure assist toilets

We recently moved into a house with 2 pressure assist toilets (American Standard). I've never seen these before, so I'm a little confused about how they work and how to fix them... The first problem was that the flush on both toilets was really half-hearted. The flappers would shut after...
  5. moray

pressure switch line blew off - please help

We recently moved into a home on steep hill. We use city water, but due to the elevation from the street, a multi-stage jet pump (HMSF Series - 1-1/2 HP) is used to increase the water pressure. A few days ago, a small hole appeared in what I believe is the pressure switch line, near the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks