Search results

1. Majus

Evidence Of A Broken Sewer Line

Yes, this is our stormy weather season.
  2. Majus

There's enough of it there to detect an odor, and there isn't any. I will call the City on Monday and ask them to check it out.
  3. Majus

Underground spring is more likely. Not only is this area on top of an aquifer but I have been told it has underground water due to proximity to a very large lake (less than two city blocks east of me).
  4. Majus

No cleanout, no basement, no sump pump. One of things I did was try to see any indication of pressurized flow but the surface is very still. The homeowner is part of our Association, and he is responsible for repairing his sewer line.
  5. Majus

The house sits about four feet higher than the ponding water on sloping ground. I figured if the clay soil got saturated it could cause ponding like I'm seeing. I'm going to speak with the homeowner today and warn him about it. Next week I will call the city water department and see if they will...
  6. Majus

No water lines of any kind near the area of the standing water, only a large storm drain and the sanitary sewer main. These are all at the rear of the house; water lines are in the front. The standing water is not mine, but is in a direct line with where the sewer line goes to a neighbor's...
  7. Majus

Heavy clay soil, likely PVC sewer line going to the main. Large metro area, but on the periphery of many small earthquakes per year due to fracking (Oklahoma). Water standing in small pools on the surface in an overall area of about twelve feet in diameter. Is this evidence of a broken or...
  8. Majus

Cleaning blocked exterior drain line...

The street side is the down leg of the T. The pipe which forms the top of the T is where all the mud is. I think the down leg is pretty much clear, anyway.
  9. Majus

Cleaning blocked exterior drain line...

...which is clogged with a clay-based mud. I don't know how far the blockage extends, but the potential distance could be around 150 feet. The pipe is the 4-inch flexible black corrugated type. I do know it would be unwise to have it snaked. The cost to replace all of the drain (around 160...
  10. Majus

Clog/Vent issue

Would you elaborate on your reply? I've used the "national franchise" mentioned and they seem to do a good job. I had planned on calling them this week to clear a clogged line for me. Just curious...
  11. Majus

Heated pet bowl question

I've never seen one. How do they work? Do they go into the water? George
  12. Majus

Heated pet bowl question

That was my idea, to make a separate, stand-alone box not on or in a wall which would have only the Speed Control and one outlet for the water bowl and clearly labelled as such. This box would, of course, have to be plugged into a power source which would be a wall receptacle. In my layman's...
  13. Majus

Heated pet bowl question

Uh, I think that's old technology; solar panels would be the way to go. Thanks for the suggestion, though. George
  14. Majus

Heated pet bowl question

Thanks, jwelectric; those are the answers I needed. I opened the bottom of the pet bowl to see what was inside. Nothing but wires in a pattern attached to a piece of foil attached to the bottom of the stainless steel bowl with a component about .75 long and .25 across inside the heatshrink...
  15. Majus

Heated pet bowl question

I don't want to serve her _hot_ water, I want to serve slightly warm water since she prefers that. I keep my house quite cold and after the water bowl has been out for a while the water gets too cold and she won't drink it. Coffee? No, she doesn't care for it. The water will _not_ go to...
  16. Majus

Heated pet bowl question

I bought a heated pet bowl for indoor use, but it heats the water way too hot since it was intended for outdoor cold climate use. Electrical info on the pet bowl is 120V, 60Hz, 75W. It doesn't have any controls. I want to add a control to drop the heat level. A friend said I should not use an...
  17. Majus

Computer-controlled digging for water main replacement?

I am also seeking advice for this same problem. My incoming water line runs under a large attached ground-level deck plus an addition to the house. While I haven't yet determined exactly how much needs to be replaced, my feeling is that all the piping under the house probably needs it due to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks