Search results

1. PeteD

Recommendation for small expansion tank for potable water recirculation loop

I am looking for a small expansion tank that can relieve the pressure in a potable water recirculation loop for an on demand gas water heater located farther than desirable from the faucets/showers. The total volume in the piping is not very much (figure a max of around 5 gallons or less), so...
  2. PeteD

Hot water getting into cold lines - bad valve?

I did a little searching already. Situation: There is an on demand hot water boiler with recirc lines and pump on aquastat (at the boiler) - professionally installed. Lines at boiler stay hot and cold like they should be. I believe the issue is one of the valves on a fixture is leaking the...
  3. PeteD

Delta 2 handle bath faucet (3555) - leaking from under spout body

Hi Guys: This is what my faucet looks like: http://www.deltafaucet.com/customersupport/documentation/3555LF-216.html?document=pd&documentIndex=0 I had it unhooked for a little while doing a remodel (worked fine for a few years). When I hooked it back up, water is dripping from inside the...
  4. PeteD

Compression Angle Stops on Pedestal Sink

OK, so I bought some decorative cross handle chrome compression angle stops (1/4 turn with white H and C inserts)) for use on my pedestal sink. The wall behind the sink is white beadboard, and I currently have about 1.5 inches of copper (1/2") sticking out of the wall. My question is should...
  5. PeteD

Angle Stop Recommendations - Pedestal Sink

Hi Guys: I want to upgrade my leaking angle stops (the whole house has drippy ones) and I want nice ones for the toilets/pedestal sink. Photos: Right now I have a stub of 1/2 copper at the wall, sweated to what I assume was an assembly of a chromed 1/2 pipe with a cheap angle stop...
  6. PeteD

Are closet flange extenders the easy way out?

I like to do things right, but it seems like closet flange extenders are a reasonable alternative to raising the closet flange. I am tiling my bath - I do not have easy access to the plumbing, but I could cut the finished ceiling in my garage. It is textured and would not look the same after...
  7. PeteD

Fan control for receptacle within fireplace - to code?

I am stumped on this one, sorry for long background required: Currently installing Lennox Brentwood fireplace (zero clearance high efficiency with fan blower kit to move air) http://www.lennoxhearthproducts.com/products/overview.asp?pid=280 I purchased the factory blower (UZY5) which comes...
  8. PeteD

Speaking of Hose Bibbs...

I am looking for recommendations for a nice looking durable hose bibb. The spigot on the front of my house is quite prominent. It was leaking last year and the cheap made in China HD replacement already looks 10 years old. I was thinking about a rough chrome finish bibb. I want a 1/2"...
  9. PeteD

Damp Area Confusion - Switches and Fixtures

I have read the NEC (2005) and called some manufacturers and things are still as clear as mud. Here is what I am considering: 1. A Nutone 9422P 2-bulb heater outside my shower 2. Either a Nutone P66W (3 function control) to control heater and existing light/fan in shower, or a Pass and...
  10. PeteD

Painting Hardiboard and a couple of other questions

Hi: Let me give a quick background on my questions, so you know what the overall project entails. I am redoing the surround on an enameled tub in an apartment that I own. The previous tub surround (mostly demolished already) was lath/horsehair with patches of drywall in some areas against...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks