Search results

1. mln

Moen shower diverter in-wall valve question + Cartridge question

Thanks Jimbo. Must have been typing my second post while you were kind enough to reply to my first. If you have a minute to explain how the balancing spool works, and if my follow up post makes sense with regard to cleaning it, I'd appreciate it. Thanks again.
  2. mln

I'm replying to my own post in case this ends up being of value to anyone down the road. Real plumbers please correct any errors that I might unintentionally include. I got to a point we're I decided I needed a professional to come in and fix yet another one of my creations. With that state...
  3. mln

I apologize if this is a dumb question but I was wondering if someone can explain the function of the two screw valves on the right and left of the attached picture. Are these shut off valves, vertical off / horizontal on? ... they don't seem to do anything when turned?? Thanks. Second...
  4. mln

Economite Conversion Burner - Winter Startup Trouble

I have an Economite Conversion Burner Model E20A unit on a Weil-McLain boiler. I turned on the thermostat for the first time this season. I just hear an uninterrupted buzz and the burner doesn't ignite. I can hear the pilot light when the thermostat is off (without the buzzing sound). Any...
  5. mln

Trouble with one zone and general understanding

Thank you for the replies, I have a pro coming out in the morning.
  6. mln

Trouble with one zone and general understanding

I have an old Weil McClain boiler. It's gas fired but I believe that it's a conversion unit on an oil burner. It has four zones. One of the four zones that heats the upper floor is not heating up. It seems like there might be air in the line as it's warm near the boiler but it cools off a...
  7. mln

Subpanel Circuit Question

Thanks for the reply. I'm estimating the existing wire to be #12. Erring on the side of caution do you see any trouble with using a 15 amp fuse. As I mentioned, it's a living room so there will be a few lights and a tv, laptops will be plugged in, not much else.
  8. mln

Subpanel Circuit Question

I have a 4-circuit subpanel with twist-in type fuses branching off a 40-amp breaker in the main house panel. A living room circuit that I'm working has 6 duplex receptacles. As I was pigtailing some wire to the old flex armored BX cable I noticed that the original wire gauge seemed heavy...
  9. mln

Chimney relining question

I recently had my chimney relined with a stainless steel liner. Previously there was just brick. Before the relining, the boiler connected to the chimney with a metal pipe, about 7-8 inches in diameter. This pipe had an elliptical hole, about 10" long by 4" or so cut out of the underside of...
  10. mln

The leak that I created

I'm trying to hook up the ice maker in a new refrigerator. I didn't use a saddle valve. It didn't seem like a good idea. So I tee'd off an existing 5/8" line just downstream of a valve. First problem was the valve which didn't completely shut the water off. I cut about an inch of line...
  11. mln

Kitchen GFCI Problem

Thanks to all for the help.
  12. mln

Kitchen GFCI Problem

I ended up using Scotch Super 88 tape. I checked 3M's website, it's UL rated for 600 volts at ambient temperatures ranging from 0 to 220 degrees F. I wrapped the wire as cleanly as I could... twice, in opposing spirals, first spiraled into the box then spiraled toward me. The circuit...
  13. mln

Kitchen GFCI Problem

I appreciate the responses. I took a look at the wiring on the outlet. There was damage to the insulation on the hot lead wire. Some copper was barely visible but I'm fairly certain that this is where it was shorting. My question now is this, the damaged insulation is about an inch or so...
  14. mln

Kitchen GFCI Problem

Thanks for the fast reply. Nothing else is on that circuit. Just the two outlets. The 12ga wire that ran from the panel to the first outlet was existing. I added the second outlet to pass inspection. I don't think that I did anything dumb like driving a screw through the wire while...
  15. mln

Kitchen GFCI Problem

I'm a new homeowner on a budget, trying to do things myself, remodeling the kitchen. My question pertains to a problem that I'm having with a gfci outlet. Initially I wired the circuit using the load terminals on the outlet to feed another gfci outlet downstream. When I powered up the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks