Search results

1. HDFAN1

Wax Ring Question

When setting a toilet, does it matter whether the wax ring is placed down on the closet flange, and the toilet set down on it, or should the ring be placed on the bottom of the toilet over the "horn"? Thanks for your help.
  2. HDFAN1

Toto Ultramax question...

Upon closer inspection of my new Ultramax, there is, for lack of a better word, a seam running horizontally around the exterior of the tank, approx. three inches above the bowl. It is visible, as well as being able to feel it . It's as if the tank were actually cast in two pieces, and then...
  3. HDFAN1

Leak in drain, under slab

In the last three months, I have had my foundation repaired,( $13500. Ouch.) which tore some plumbing loose. Readers Digest version; Have repaired three MAJOR leaks under slab repaired so far. $3500.00 Ouch again. When plumber did the leak test the first times, before all the leaks were...
  4. HDFAN1

Delta lav. faucets...opinions please

OK, y'all prolly know about the problems I had with my shower valve install. I have decided to put in the 1700 series Delta. Now, the matching lav faucet ( 8" sprd., two handle) for the Victorian series, which is what the shower trim is, looks very appealing to me. However, before I buy it...
  5. HDFAN1

Sweat in new shower valve question

Had a plumber sweat in my new Kohler shower valve while he was there for some other work on Friday. Today I start reading the directions that came with it, which he clearly did NOT read prior to starting work. First he sweated the damn thing in wrong. Don't know how, just know he said he F'ed...
  6. HDFAN1

Tiling floor - help

OK, I just read the post about tiling under the flange. I am remodeling and putting in tile, on a cement slab floor, and this old house does not have pvc, it has the lead bend. Don't think I can do anything with it. Sooo, am I going to have problems when I try to install my new ultramax...
  7. HDFAN1

Ultramax VS Kohler Cimmaron One Piece

I have been doing much research here as I am about to replace two old toilets. In Terry's reviews, the Kohler Cimmaron gets good marks, but I don't see the new ONE PIECE Cimmaron rated. Maybe it's too new. Anyone have any experience with this? How would it compare to the Toto Ultramax...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks