Search results

1. JuanSigned

Access required for sewage ejector and clean out

Sealing the floor is a great idea that I hadn't even considered. Thanks!
  2. JuanSigned

Access required for sewage ejector and clean out

I'm going to finish my basement and I'm not sure how to handle the sewage ejector and drain clean out. The blue tape lines show where I think the bedroom closet walls will be placed. My plan is to enclose the pump and clean out in their own space with an access door. Is there any guidance on...
  3. JuanSigned

Please look at my hot water plumbing remodel

I have a hot water recirculation system in my house and I'm not happy with how it was installed. When it runs it causes the water heater to cycle on and off as the cool water returns to the tank even though no one is using hot water. When I turn off the pump it takes a long time for the...
  4. JuanSigned

How to extend hose connection

thought I’d follow up with the completed project. Here’s the first wash. Put a stop and waste in the basement Come winter time I’ll blow the line out from here. there is close to 80 feet of pex from the valve to the sillcock. In the garage I covered the pex in insulation for UV protection...
  5. JuanSigned

Redoing the sewage pump

Good to know on that AAV. I was considering venting the radon from the new sump cover, but as I think about it the negative pressure would just pull air from the drain vents instead of from under the slab.
  6. JuanSigned

Redoing the sewage pump

This is just a sewage sump. It services the water softener and future basement bathroom. If an AAV is ok in this application I would remove the 2" vent pipe and replace it with 4" for the radon. The 2" drain vent seems like over kill, but it does go all the way to the roof (single story house)
  7. JuanSigned

Redoing the sewage pump

My basement tests high for radon so I'm in the process of sealing holes before I install a radon vent fan. The single biggest hole is the sewage sump. My plan is to redo the plumbing to make future maintenance easier and to seal it with something like this: Here is the current layout: I...
  8. JuanSigned

If I were to run PEX in the garage can it just be held in place with something like this or is more protection required? And any code issues with having a hose bib in the garage?
  9. JuanSigned

Thanks everyone. Sorry I didn't put more info in. I live where the first freezes start in October and everything will be frozen solid from December through February. The hose is used mainly for washing off feet and boats to keep the sand out of the house and garage. It's relatively easy to...
  10. JuanSigned

I've just moved into a new house and discovered that the outside hose connection is in the worst spot possible. I'd like to extend it 30 feet to a better location. I'm not sure of the best way to accomplish that task and looking for some insight here. The easiest and possibly worst solution is...
  11. JuanSigned

Why would the plumber install PEX like this?

I'm having a new house built and asked for a loop to be installed for a water softener. Is something wonky here? Why would they splice little bits of pex together? Makes no sense to me. The extra fittings would cost far more than 6" of pex. Is there a reason to do this?
  12. JuanSigned

How to run new shower drain

Thanks Terry! The drain is a 2" line, the vent is 1 1/2" And I'll use a solvent weld P Trap.
  13. JuanSigned

How to run new shower drain

I'm putting in a new shower and there is a challenge with where it needs to go. As you can see from the picture the drain comes down right above the foundation wall. The horizontal laser level line is set to the bottom of the sanitary T and the vertical line is set where the drain needs to be...
  14. JuanSigned

S Trap at Big Box Store

So I'm hanging out in my favorite section of the local big box store and look what I found. Even I know S traps are not code. But just in case you ever need to install one, here they are. lol
  15. JuanSigned

Quick toilet drain slope question

The point about the pipe having curves is well taken. When I bought the pipe I picked out the straightest piece from the pile, but I've never seen one that was perfectly straight. So there must be an acceptable range of slopes from 1/4" to ?/?" to account for those unavoidable curves.
  16. JuanSigned

Quick toilet drain slope question

I just put in a new toilet drain line that measures 78" horizontal. Using my trusty fractions calculator I figured that a 1/4" per foot drop should be 1 5/8". However my final slope ended up being 1 3/8", so basically its off by 1/4" over the entire 78" length. The interwebs are confusing...
  17. JuanSigned

Please critique my Island Sink plan

It's done. I find these forums really helpful and I like to see it when others finish their projects, here's mine. After talking with a couple of local contractors and plumbers I went with an AAV in the end. Their consensus was don't be a fool about it, put in an AAV and be done with it...
  18. JuanSigned

Sanitary Tee vs Wye

Yes, I work at a snails pace, but eventually everything gets done. Finally finished the drain today. I post this just so others who might come later can see what I've done. I sanded off the latex paint that covered the pipe and lucky for me the original plumber had installed the vertical pipe...
  19. JuanSigned

Kitchen sink/dishwasher/garbage disposal drain size question

I'm putting in a new kitchen sink drain and there is a space challenge that could be solved by using 1 1/2" ABS for the first part of the drain. The 2" line is already in place. My community recognizes the IPC 2012 code requirements. I don't see anything in the code that says this is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks