Search results

1. Cruiser

Plumbing for new washer Location

Thank you all. The fitting at #1 is that called a sanitary tee and is its orientation correct?
  2. Cruiser

Plumbing for new washer Location

Hello all, Due to a kitchen remodel I moved our washer and dryer to a new location in a closet outside our guest bathroom. The nearest drain is in that bathroom and my plan is to run a 2" drain pipe from the washer to that drain as outlined in red dot line in photo. Does this look like I'm on...
  3. Cruiser

3/4" or 1/2" to shower valve vacinity

Thank you Terry. I had been trying to convince myself otherwise :)
  4. Cruiser

3/4" or 1/2" to shower valve vacinity

Hello all, I'm in the planning stages for a new double shower and am currently thinking water supply. It's a ranch style with concrete slab. The nearest current stub outs are 16 feet away (8' across the loft and 8' down the wall). There are 3/4" stubs and 1/2" stubs available to me at pretty...
  5. Cruiser

Kitchen sink rough in Plan

Folks I'm stuck on something...in order to vent vertical from that horizontal drain at that red arrow what is the correct fitting I should use? I believe it to be 'y' and not a santee nor vent 't' but want to be sure. Thanks
  6. Cruiser

Hj, Thank you for your answer. My plan therefore * Slope lav sink 1/4" per foot to the 3" drain... no vent needed * I need a vent on the 2" drain from the new kitchen sink where the arrow is, and must join the other vent in the attic to exit the house. * I need to get a back to back fixture...
  7. Cruiser

Hi Hj, Not sure which existing sink you refer to but the sink that was in the lav was located 3 feet to the left of where you can see that insulation it's drain went under slab at that point.The existing kitchen sink is 20 feet way and exits under slab at that point. I'd like to drain...
  8. Cruiser

Hi Terry, Yes the 3" cleanout with the 2" pipe vent is the toilet, I'm afraid to read you reply to that :) ps just for clarity the toilet is plumbed where it is in the photo I assume the just vented it there because of the window right behind the toilet
  9. Cruiser

Hi Folks , I'm planning a rough in for new kitchen and am currently working on drain layout. The new sink is on an exterior wall that WAS 2x4 studs I furred this out using 2x 6's purely in order to keep the pipes from interfering with cabinets etc. I plan to stub the 2" drain 14" up from...
  10. Cruiser

Special Flux for silver solder?

Hi Folks, I bought some Canfields watersafe silver solder is there a special flux required to silver solder copper pipe or am I good to go with Nokorode regular paste flux? Thanks
  11. Cruiser

Extending copper lines under slab

:cool: that's what the Mrs said
  12. Cruiser

Thanks ballvalve :) Well I just spoke to a welder of 30 yrs experience and he laughed at the idea of brazing the pipes :) Man-o-man he said just solder it(regular solder he said) and move along! Assuming that I can get my hands on some silver solder that will work using my Mapp that's what I'm...
  13. Cruiser

Well I called two more plumbers they are not interested in coming out to braze the pipes for me :( I'll keep trying to get them brazed but can't wait forever. Flare fittings are against code for joining copper under slab here and the only option given is to braze them. However if I cant get...
  14. Cruiser

Jadnashua, I found the code reference to joining copper underground and it calls for brazing and the use of wrought copper fittings ref.609.3.2 There's no mention of flare fittings or soldering, so I guess I gotta find a plumber who'll come and braze 4 pipes for me.
  15. Cruiser

op again here, I had a plumber come out and said he's not interested in joining anything under the slab and if he were to do it, it would be a solder.He did offer to re-pipe the house for 5k though. I went to two old-time plumbers supply houses nearby and they both laughed at the idea of a...
  16. Cruiser

Anyway, i cut up the slab and it appears that the copper pipes 'bend' without the aid of elbows etc to come out of the slab, am I safe to assume it's soft copper then? If this is so, the next step is flaring apparently. The popular answer from you guys n gals is not to solder and so I'm leaning...
  17. Cruiser

op here :) All my research indicates flaring for soft copper only, whilst I can use soft copper for the extension of the lines how do I join it to the existing copper assuming it's not 'soft', how would I know if it were? Thanks
  18. Cruiser

Tips on using flare fittings would be fantastic. One last question I have a roto-hammer and can chip away to open the slab but would it be better to rent a concrete saw to make a clean cut? My conflicting thoughts are; 1) If I chip away at the slab using the roto, will the constant vibration...
  19. Cruiser

Thanks for the replies folks, hj...............That wall where the pipes are now is coming out and will go back to the exterior wall marked 'B', so I will have to extend pipes under the slab. I'm thinking flare fittings are the way to go as I have never brazed before and from what you say may...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks