Search results

1. 1jackw

Tried to fix slow shower leak, now have no water

I definitely did not install the cap upside down. And Kohler's instructions for the pressure balancing unit say it has no left or right side difference, although I think I tried this part both ways to try to solve the problem. I spoke to Kohler today and they are sending me a new cap assembly...
  2. 1jackw

Tried to fix slow shower leak, now have no water

I had a slow leak from a showerhead (no tub). I thought I could just replace O rings to solve the problem. I have a Kohler 304 valve installed. As soon as I removed the cap it separated into 2 pieces so I purchased a new cap assembly (RGP77759) and pressure balancing unit (RGP500520) from Home...
  3. 1jackw

Do I need a pressure gauge?

I have a 15-20 foot shallow well that has been used to water my 3/4 acre lawn with a sprinker in the past, and I'm in the process of installing an underground sprinkler system. I just purchased a 1HP Franklin Electric Versajet Shallow Well Jet Pump. The manual says the pressure switch is...
  4. 1jackw

What type of pump to get? Jet or Irrigation?

I wasn't able to get the pump primed. The pump did stay full of water, but never pulled water from the well. It does sound a little quieter, so maybe something was damaged and it's not operating at the same capacity? I did not replace the foot valve. Honestly, that's the last thing I'd ever...
  5. 1jackw

I took the jet assembly apart and a little piece of 'something' came out. I put it back together and could not draw water. I replaced the jet assembly with a brand new one, and still can't get water. At this point should I bite the bullet and get a new pump, or try replacing something else in...
  6. 1jackw

Here is a link to the pump: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_08302522000P?sid=IDAx20080403x000001&srccode=cii_18492716&cpncode=00-23008130-2 I don't think I checked the jet for a blockage. I guess I thought since it overheated so much, there would be some internal damage to the...
  7. 1jackw

I'll tell you what happened to the Craftsman, and maybe someone can diagnose. The hose connecting the pump to the tank came loose when no one was around, and the pump turned on. Since the output valve was shut, the water inside the pump heated up and was practically boiling when I discovered it...
  8. 1jackw

I have a 15 foot shallow well. I had a Craftsman 1HP jet pump with a separate pressure tank that worked fine to water my lawn with a sprinkler, but the pump no longer works. I am looking to buy a new pump and also have a sprinkler system installed in my 3/4 acre property. Unfortunately I do not...
  9. 1jackw

Losing prime on a shallow well overnight

I have a 15 foot shallow well. I installed a new 1hp Sears jet pump with a brand new check valve attached about 1 foot away from the pump. I can prime the pump in 30 seconds and pump water at 12.5 gpm for as long as I want to. When I close the valve, the psi remains steady at 55psi. The next day...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks