Search results

1. L

How to eliminate unwanted heads

I have two sprinkler heads in two separate areas I want to get rid of. I haven't dug them up yet to see if they're in the middle of a pipe or at the end of one, but what should I keep in mind when pulling them out? If the head is cut into a line, do I just pull it out and patch it up with a...
  2. L

Intermatic WH Timer Problem

I know this is electrical, but it goes with a water heater, so I hope to find some help here. I cannot get a standard, "yellow dial in a gray box" water heater timer to keep time. The manual switch works fine, so there's no problem with the wiring. And for about a week, the clock triggered...
  3. L

How to winterize sprinkler pump

I use a 1hp jet pump in my basement to supply water to a sprinkler system. I live in the northeast, so winter's coming. The sprinkler guy is coming to blow out the lines. What do I do with the Wayne jet pump over the winter? Right now there's still water in it. I will disconnect the supply...
  4. L

Sprinkler pump won't prime

I have a new 1.5 hp sprinkler pump to draw surface water. The pump is next to the lake, with 12 feet of 2" hose between the pump and water, with a checkvalve at the end of the pipe. The vertical distance is 3 feet. Then I have 70 feet of 1 1/4 inch pvc going to the sprinklers. I had it...
  5. L

Correct Pump to draw water from lake

I am trying to use clear, cool lake water to supply my 5 zone sprinkler system. First I had a 1hp shallow well pump that gave me 75% of the pressure I need. I was told (on another forum) that I had the wrong type of pump, so I got a 1 1/2 hp Wayne Sprinkler Pump. With that, I can't get ANY water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks