Search results

1. RBrown

American Standard Champion toilet Review and comments. Rated #1 by Consumer Reports

I just had to replace the gasket on my Champion (with a new style flush valve). I purchased a Korky red gasket from Lowe's for about $5 and fixed it my self. I had blisters on my blue AS gasket like everyone else which caused the tank to keep topping itself off as Dog says. I like my...
  2. RBrown

Champion Accelerator Flush Valve

Accelerator Flush Valve Installed Rugged, Sis got her toilet fixed today. Her plumber installed the AS Accelerator flush valve and it works fine. It's not too hard to push the trip lever, just a bit firmer than the AS Flush Tower. With the tank lid off, the trip lever is in its normal...
  3. RBrown

When you finished changing it out, did it flush ok? Does the trip lever point up all the time? I hope it doesn't, sis won't be too happy.
  4. RBrown

My sister's Champion toilet is having a flushing problem. American Standard sent her parts including a replacement for the "flush tower". It's call the Accelerator Flush Valve, and I hope it cures her problem. The new valve is similar to a flapper, except that it pulls straight up instead of...
  5. RBrown

Why plumbers putty on base of toilet??

Putty My plumber likes to set toilets in putty because he feels it makes a better job. He says he's seen toilets that have been set in putty for over forty years. Like I said, so far so good.
  6. RBrown

Why plumbers putty on base of toilet??

Putty My plumber used putty instead of a wax ring to set my Champion toilet. So far so good.
  7. RBrown

Why can hotels buy 3.5 gpf toilets, and we can't?

Stayed at a Hampton Inn a couple of weeks ago and the hotel room was equipped with an American Standard 3.5 gpf toilet that used a flapper. Why can't an average citizen buy one of these?
  8. RBrown

Am Std Champion vs Toto Drake

Champion I have an American Standard Champion and it works well. I did have to replace the tank though, but it's ok now. Sure do wish the tank would fit snug and not wobble so much.
  9. RBrown

Wax seal and sewer gas

Putty I'm from West Virginia. My plumber told me that he had seen toilets that had been in place for over forty years set in putty. It does work.
  10. RBrown

Wax seal and sewer gas

My plumber doesn't use wax rings. He uses plumbers putty to set toilets. So far, so good.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks