Search results

1. tilemom

NORITZ Tankless Heater--water temp fluctuation

So the real question is....would it be best to just go back to a regular water heater?
  2. tilemom

NORITZ Tankless Heater--water temp fluctuation

I hate my Noritz Tankless and have from almost the day it went in! It takes 4-6- mins just to get hot water. So for that time, cold water is going down the drain. What a waste. I have had mine in since 2005. UGH- almost every week I am thinking of going back to the "old fashioned" Tank of water...
  3. tilemom

what is the correct water pressure

Hmmm--house was built in 1979. I will have to get a pressure gauge...the only kind I have is for a car (LOL). I think that everything is wide open but good thought and i will check them. Oh- and I have wondered what the normal flow is that comes out of the tap? As I said earlier, I got 2...
  4. tilemom

well, finally got around to putting the bucket under the tub tap...2gallons/minute. what does that mean? Also, is there some way for me to increase the water pressure that we have or is that the county water people or a "real" plumber's job?
  5. tilemom

Hardi board over drywall?

Hey Honeysuckle- the tile guy is absolutely right. Do not proceed unless you redo the walls: vapor barrier behind the Hardi, corners taped, some folks even will use redgard ( a water proofing solution that you paint or roll on), then tile. The morter between the subfloor and the Hardi...
  6. tilemom

THanks fellas- I did clean the filter this morning...don't know if it made any difference as it looked very clean anyway. Hmm- it is a Noritz Model N-069M or N-063S. I am not sure which as one of the model numbers is for natural gas and the other for propane. WE HAVE PROPANE. I think it...
  7. tilemom

Okay, in the continuing saga of trying to find out why my tankless water heater takes 5 mins to get to the upstairs shower with hot water I have found that our water pressure stinks. I measure that it takes one minute to fill a gallon jug. What is the correct water pressure supposed to be and...
  8. tilemom

toilet flange question

12" or 13" OC to toilet flange?? bump...Hey folks- someone please let me know where to find this info...pretty please.....
  9. tilemom

toilet flange question

12" or 13" OC to toilet flange?? How far from the wall should a toilet line be plumbed? ( I mean the rough in hole) 12"? 13"? where do I find that sort of info out? thanks!! I have seen both and, so, am curious.
  10. tilemom

My Tankless Experiment

Well- I can say that too much water pressure is NOT the problem...perhaps too little is, though...
  11. tilemom

My Tankless Experiment

I found the booklet and model no. Noritz model N-063M/ N-063S on the face plate of the unit is says that the recovery rate is 193 gallons/hour any thoughts? Oh, propane gas...and I live in NC...the outside temp makes no difference what so ever to the amount of time it takes for the...
  12. tilemom

My Tankless Experiment

Noritz... HI- I have a gas Noritz tankless installed in our house...it is in the basement by the garage, vented to the outside. Yes, we have continuous hot water --after sometimes up to 4 mins of waiting for it to arrive ( Brrrr) AND when we all of a sudden have a burst of freezing cold water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks