Search results

1. Duke76

Tempstar Lockout Problem

I have a new Tempstar furnace using propane gas. It usually takes two or three attempts for it to light and once every couple of days it experiences a 3 hour safety lockout. If I flip the circuit breaker off and back on it usually restarts. My HVAC guy says he has replaced "everything that...
  2. Duke76

Locate Abandoned Wire

When my house was built a can was installed in the ceiling for a picture light connected to a switch on an adjacent wall. We discovered this after the drywall was installed and, since we did not want the picture light, the builder capped it off somehow and covered the can with a drywall patch...
  3. Duke76

Combining Zones

I purchased a home with an irrigation system running 12 zones on a fairly small lot. I don't know why it has so many zones, perhaps low city water pressure. When I purchased the home, the previous homeowner told me that he was in the process of coverting to lake water and all I needed to do...
  4. Duke76

Propane Stove Reconnect

I just completed a kitchen remodel and need to reconnect my propane stove. I called my propane supplier to arrange the reconnect but their person is in the hospital and they are having problems finding someone to do the job. Is the reconnect something I could do myself ? I'm an average...
  5. Duke76

Leaking Waste Drain Stack

I've been trying to locate a leak that originates in the attic when it rains. I finally found the problem. The waste drain stack comes out of an interior wall, runs horizontally for about 20 feet, then turns vertical again up through the roof. The problem is that the horizontal run is...
  6. Duke76

230 volt question

I have a 230 volt irrigation pump located on a floating dock on a man-made lake subject to Army Corps of Engineers regulations. Power is supplied from the house to a power pole located on the lakeshore. the pump is wired to the peer pole with a breakaway plug. All has been installed by an...
  7. Duke76

Combining Zones & Pump Question

I purchase a home with a 12-zone irrigation system on municipal water. When I bought it the owner said the system was all plumbed for lake water, I just need to install a pump. I chose an identical pump as my next door neighbor (same topography and lot size) and it is installed in an identical...
  8. Duke76

PE Pipe Connection

When I bought my house I had a partially installed irrigation system drawing water from a lake. The last step of the installation is to connect the pump (which is located on a floating dock) to the onshore PVC piping for the system. I am connecting PE pipe from the pump to the PVC using...
  9. Duke76

Hot Water Heater Replacement

I recently purchased a second home that has a propane hot water heater installed in the garage. It has a pilot light and I don't like having it in the garage with possible exposure to gasoline fumes. I also turn the thermostat down when I'm not there, but not off since it is a pain to relight...
  10. Duke76

Propane Tank Empty

I have a second home that uses propane for heat and hot water. I went to the property today and found that the propane tank was completely empty. I assume the pilot light on the water heater is out but I didn't think to turn off the propane supply valve. Do I need to worry about gas...
  11. Duke76

Valve Stuck Open Question

I have a Lawn Genie R706 anti siphon valve that will not shut off. I have opened it and inspected the diaphram and that looks good. I have flushed it out and there does not seem to be any sand or dirt inside.The solenoid makes a noise when activated. I've swapped the solenoid with the...
  12. Duke76

Lawn Genie R706

I recently purchased a home and am trying to repair an irrigation system. There is a manifold with four Lawn Genie R706 valves with Valve Adapters 756LG. The location of the valves is 2 to 3 feet below the level of the highest sprinkler head and the valves are leaking and/or won't shut off. I...
  13. Duke76

Galvanized Pipe Elbow Alignment

I have a very basic question. I'm connecting a length of galvanized pipe with a 90 degree elbow that connects to another length of galvanized pipe. I need to ensure the elbow points in the proper direction to match up with another elbow 10 feet away. If I tighten the elbow as much as I...
  14. Duke76

Air in the line ?

I recently purchased a second home that is used only on weekends. When I "close up" the home at the end of my stay I close the water main at the street and turn down the water heater to "low". I reverse the process when I return. When I turn on the hot water faucet I get a spitting sound for...
  15. Duke76

Irrigation Pump Installation

I recently purchased a lake home with an underground irrigation system on city water. The system has four 4-zone controllers (3 different brands) so I assume it was installed over a number of years. The former owner (a home builder by profession) had purchased a pump which is sitting...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks