Search results

1. bmccabe

Baseboard

Rather than install baseboard elements at the floor level, has anyone, due to space constraints, looped elements above one another in sort of an S configuration? The assembled unit would then be boxed in with appropriate vents top and bottom. The possiblity would also exist to add a...
  2. bmccabe

The cost of efficiency

Some context...I buy and renovate houses in the urban northeast. While their condition at purchase ranges from okay to not so hot, they are usually structurally sound. That said, they almost never have adequate insulation...if they have any at all...and building envelops offer little in the way...
  3. bmccabe

The cost of efficiency

Some context...I buy and renovate houses in the urban northeast. While their condition at purchase ranges from okay to not so hot, they are usually structurally sound. That said, they almost never have adequate insulation...if they have any at all...and building envelops offer little in the...
  4. bmccabe

Used boiler needed

Just had an American Arcoliner boiler crap out. Used to heat small, one-family house (steam). Becket oil burner in good condition. Looking to purchase a used boiler or the whole shebang if necessary. New York City area. Any leads most appreciated. Contact Brian at 973-865-1863 or email...
  5. bmccabe

Fostapex or comparable tubing

Here's my situation. I have a multifamily house in a not-so-desirable area. Recently, some of the upstanding citizens of the area decided that the house would be much better off without copper. As a result, I was relieved of all the water supply pipes plus the hydronic heating system network...
  6. bmccabe

Mapping heating system

I rehab houses in some marginal neighborhoods. Recently, some copper was stolen from a multi-family house...basically the connections to side-by-sidef furnaces. I have to determine from what little copper there is remaining in the basement, which pipes go to which furnaces and which...
  7. bmccabe

Viega Press Pex

I use Viega press fittings and have recently acquired a house that has a mix of copper and IPEX (aluminum core centers). For example, the risers are 3/4 IPEX and I want to branch of them with pex tubing and Viega fittings. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with this? Will the Viega...
  8. bmccabe

Digital thermostat resets to ambiant temp

When I use the thermostat to call for heat, the temp resets to ambiant temp in a few moments. At the furnace, the fan starts but the gas fails to ignite. Any thoughts? Thanks!
  9. bmccabe

Old Oil-Fired Steam Furnace

I have an old American Arcoliner boiler in a single family house that needs parts. Specifically, a water level gauge, low-water control, aquastat and mixer. Everything else works great:o . Any suggestions as to where I can acquire such parts?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks