Search results

1. KI7OM

UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply) for a Takagi TK-3

I have a TK-3 installed and am considering installing a UPS on the AC power line to the unit. This would provide a power backup for a limited amount of time should we loose power. It is unlikely that we would lose our natural gas supply and electrical service at the same time. I have a number...
  2. KI7OM

Need a Remote for my Takagi T-Kjr

I have a used TM-RE10 from My TK-3 which will work of the TK-Jr. You might want to verify this with Takagi USA. It was functioning normally but I replaced it with a TM-RE30 for the additional functionality it offered – such as inlet temp, outlet temp and flow rates.
  3. KI7OM

Reverse engineer Takagi tankless WH control protocol

I’m wondering if anyone has reverse engineered Takagi’s TK-x remote control protocol. Takagi uses a twisted pair for remote communication with any of the TK series tankless water heaters out to a TM-RE30 remote controller. The TM-RE30 is able to report inlet and outlet water temperature...
  4. KI7OM

Potable hot water recirculation pump.

I will consider globe values. Stainless steel needle valves would be nice but pricey ($50 to $125 each) and probably overkill. If this were an industrial process requiring more precise balancing I would go for it. I expect to see close to the same resistance on both loops. I may just simply...
  5. KI7OM

Thanks Jim. This seems to be the direction I was headed but I needed a sanity check. Good idea on the individual loops valves. Right now I have ball valves on the far end of each loop but they are for isolation and not balancing. Would you suggest gate valves at the pump end of the loops...
  6. KI7OM

Though this is not a solar or really a geothermal application I thought I might get a better quality of answer on that forum than on the water heater forum, but I'll give this a shot. I live in the Salt Lake City area and am a retired HVACR contractor – now a university professor :-) . About...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks