Search results

1. dayster

Bathroom planning advice (venting questions primarily)

Hi folks, I am long time reader/lurker on this great site. I am planning a bathroom reno that will include a tub, separate shower, WC, and sink (nothing innovative there!) All piping will be new. The bathroom is above my kitchen, and i am aiming to maximize kitchen ceiling height, so have...
  2. dayster

Leaking water service in front yard. What are my repair options?

I am getting this question out in advance of knowning the size and material of my water service: right now what I have is a hole in the front yard slowly filling with water, and its getting dark so I am putting off fully exposing the pipe. I expect to find 3/4" copper, but my house is almost...
  3. dayster

Draining Copper Pipe Causes Corrosion? "Old Wives Tale" or ?

Hello, I have gotten very good advice from this forum in the past, there appear to be many helpful and knowledgeable members here. My neighbour just took a plumbing course over several weekends. She was told by the instructor not to install new fixtures in her old house until she was...
  4. dayster

Can I install toilet vent in vertical section of pipe below toilet?

Howdy, I am doing a new toilet installation. The 4" waste pipe will drop from the toilet flange straight down a couple of feet, then through a 90 degree bend, then has a few feet of horizontal (on a slope of course!) run to the stack. I have a 2" vent ready in the vicinity, and will connect...
  5. dayster

Best toilet flange size

Hi folks, I'm installing a new Toto Nexus toilet into a new floor. I haven't installed the toilet flange yet, or the drain piping. I was planning to use a 4" flange and 4" pipe, but I see that there are 4" flanges and reducing 4" to 3" flanges. I presume that a 4" flange and 4" drain to the...
  6. dayster

Why should dishwasher drain go to disposal inlet?

In a double sink situation where 1 sink has a garbage disposal, I have seen it stated that the dishwasher drain "must" be hooked into the inlet on the disposal provided for this purpose. Rather than to the other sink tailpiece. Any reason why?
  7. dayster

Hooking new toilet to stack on 1st floor, below existing bathroom

Our house has a bathroom on the 2nd floor only. It was remodelled in the past, and all fixtures (toilet, tub, lavatory) drain through the main stack. I am planning to add a new bathroom below it on the first floor. The new toilet will be within 4 feet of the existing stack. Keeping in mind...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks