Search results

1. Gonif

Male vs female spray heads

That's a good idea. I thought drips needed to run for lengthy periods of time, though. This planter bed is on the same zone as the lawn. I think the lawn gets about 8 minutes, so once the MP Rotators are installed I suppose it will run for about 16 minutes. Is 16 minutes enough time for drips...
  2. Gonif

Thanks for the advice! I ended up deciding to replace all the sprinklers with male threaded bodies (to allow the female-threaded nozzles). The setup I inherited had mostly 3" Toros, and my local supply shop had 3" Hunters so it is a pretty easy swap-out so far. The only problem I'm facing now...
  3. Gonif

Thanks for the info! Are you suggesting that I replace all the working sprinkler bodies with new ones, with the goal of getting the MP Rotator spray heads standardized on female threads? Or were you saying that I should just replace the single one that is stuck in the up position?
  4. Gonif

Hi, yes, I meant the little 1” tall insert that screws into the sprinkler housing. The part that water actually comes out of. Thanks though.
  5. Gonif

Hi, I have what may be kind of a dumb question, but here goes... I'm replacing the standard popup spray heads in my back yard with MP Rotators. I bought the Rotators and then realized that most of my current spray heads are male threaded, while the Rotators I bought are female threaded. The...
  6. Gonif

Question about neighbor's micro sprinkler setup -- is it really saving water?

Hi, I've installed a couple drip irrigation setups in the past, always with drip emitters. Recently, my neighbor converted one of his sprinkler zones to drip. The way he did it I'm wondering what the benefit is, as it seems to be violating the "spirit" of drip irrigation. I guess this is...
  7. Gonif

Proper order of irrigation components

You're right, that's how it's usually done. But I think it's done that way because people usually already have a multi-zone sprinkler system, and then later they convert maybe one zone to drip. Since I have a four zone system and it's 100% drip irrigation, it seemed silly to install four...
  8. Gonif

Proper order of irrigation components

I'm putting in a drip irrigation system with several zones, automatic valves, and PVC delivery to each zone -- so more involved than just hooking up the drip tube to a hose bib. I'm uncertain where to place the pressure regulator and screen filter, though. Should they go before the pressure...
  9. Gonif

Is a check valve sufficient for backflow prevention?

That's great, thank you to everyone for taking the time to reply! I returned that master anti-siphon valve and bought a pressure vacuum breaker, which I'll install 12-18" above the highest water outlet downstream. Thanks again, I'd have been stuck without you guys.
  10. Gonif

So if I can't use that antisiphon valve as the Master valve, the it sounds like I need to rebuild my manifold. The whole reason they sold me the antisiphon valve/Master valve in the first place is because I had already built my manifold with control valves that don't have any backflow...
  11. Gonif

Wow! Thanks for all the great information, you guys. This is very helpful and I hope it can help future readers as well. If you can believe it, I also had contacted my city's Building & Safety department and the guy thanked me for wanting to do the right thing but then really didn't have any...
  12. Gonif

Ok, thank you. I do want to do this the right way. Does it matter that the original water source is 2 feet higher than the RPZ device would be? In other words, the copper supply line will descend 3 feet from the hose bib tee to ground level, then go back up 1 foot to the RPZ device, then back...
  13. Gonif

Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to irrigation, but I'm learning a lot as I go about installing a drip system into my back yard. My question is this: is a check valve good enough to satisfy backflow prevention for a drip system, or do I need something else? My water source will be tee'd off of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks