Search results

1. GrumpyPlumber

Lead services, Caveat Emptor

I broke into self employment using a company called ServiceMagic back in 2005 to generate new customers and build my business, I had huge success with them, they got my foot in the door with new customers which generated even more business through word of mouth & referrals. They'd send me...
  2. GrumpyPlumber

No Tip

Installed a stove today, the customer has two adorable kids, both under the age of five. I made a concerted effort to make absolutely sure the no-tip bracket was in place and worked. It was a pain in the butt, a hotpoint..kinda like threading a needle without being able to see it if the...
  3. GrumpyPlumber

Kohler 2 bolt tank

I've been coming across Kohler 2 bolt tanks on new installs, I typically let the customer decide to let me bring one, or pick out their own toilets (I avoid any potential backlash if it isn't to their liking). The bolts don't come through the tank like typical closets, but are slotted into a...
  4. GrumpyPlumber

One for the books

Got a call for a serious leak inside a ceiling. The new homeowner had decided to open the ceiling to find it, the house is beautiful. He'd come to the correct conclusion that it was the toilet, but there were no outward signs of anything there that could be leaking. Upstairs the toilet was...
  5. GrumpyPlumber

Don'tcha hate when...

You take twice the time to prefab THE perfect copper manifold for both the supply and return, being sure that not one drip of solder is visible, all lines are parallel, measure every piece so that it's both perfectly symmetrical and tightly spaced, tweak the circ flanges jjjuuuusssst right, you...
  6. GrumpyPlumber

To whom it may concern

"imposter impersonating a plumber. Attitude too negative; glosses over too many things. Arrived here concurrently with crisis in online forum in another group that is supposedly restricted to professionals only. " To whom it may concern, I'm a licensed, self employed plumber. COMPLETELY...
  7. GrumpyPlumber

Copper threading tool

OK...For a plumber, the topic gets your attention. I just wanted to start a thread with a positive topic (well...positive in the eyes of a grumpy plumber ) Ever buy a tool or fixture made by a company that you know makes other items that are reliable....only to find what you bought isn't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks