Search results

1. frenchelectrican

Ground Rod Placement

Most place will ask for two ground rods unless you get someone with specal tester to verify if the ground is under 25 ohms { that can get very expensive to do that } so it cheaper just get two ground rods and be done with it and keep the rods at least 2 meter apart { 6 feet } or more. Merci...
  2. frenchelectrican

Emergency Generator Test with questionable results

I have lost service due from wind storm almost 20 years back and ran the diesel generators 24/7 for over 2 weeks nonstop and I do get power outage from time to time. most useally a day the most. Merci. Marc
  3. frenchelectrican

Water Heater w/ no heat

Eh ?? Did you ever see burnt out 30 amp dryer receptales that ran on electric waterheaters ?? I allready ran into few of that. If ya doubt about this just ask any electricians in this forum if they did see it they will know what I am talking about. It don't matter if ya on...
  4. frenchelectrican

DIY Electrical

De Rein Frenchie ( you are welcome Frenchie ) Merci,Marc
  5. frenchelectrican

New pool wiring

There is wet and dry verison of pool luminaire and you have to get the specifics from the manufacter to determed which one. This part you can not make a second guess on this one. Sorry if I am being rude in here but the NEC code on pool sections is very strict. Merci,Marc
  6. frenchelectrican

Electric motor wiring ?

If my memorey serve me right you need to hook 1,3 to L1 and 2,4 to L2 that for 120 volts connections before you do anything more do you know what motor manufacter it is ? I pretty sure this is one of older motor style which I haven't see it for while. Merci,Marc
  7. frenchelectrican

DIY Electrical

If you really want a super neat and meet the code and I belive this been show up in one of the electrical magaizne. Warning Keep your jaws properly supported or get a pillow below it http://www.electrical-contractor.net/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/122309/1 Enjoy it.,, Merci,Marc
  8. frenchelectrican

a simple question

Jamie ., You got the correct answer there. Merci,Marc
  9. frenchelectrican

Code for Ethernet / AV wires

All my answer in Bleu colour. Merci,Marc
  10. frenchelectrican

a simple question

C'est simple one word Ohm Laws you can not bend , beat or do houdi on this one. My answer is 50 watt bulb will burn much brighter while the 100 watter will be dim or not even glowing. Merci,Marc
  11. frenchelectrican

Help with electric heater connection!!

To., OP., C'est simple get 25 or 30 amp double pole breaker with #10-W/G romex cable that will meet the code no question asked. While still on the same subject please do remark the white conductor with either red , black , blue marker to indentify it is a hot conductor instead or...
  12. frenchelectrican

Pressure Gauge goes over 100psi!

Any chance you live on the hill ? if the pump is up the hill and the pressure tank / pressure switch located at lower spot ., If so read on . The gravity will push it down and make more pressure than you need to. The other possbilty that you have the pump quite away from the house...
  13. frenchelectrican

Broan Bath Vent Model 655

here is the http://www.kitchensource.com/bathroom-fans/pdf/br-655657659_install.pdf installation insturction and it will show the diagram for connections Merci,Marc
  14. frenchelectrican

Electrical breaker

now that is the issue with #12 wire with 30 amp breaker and with 5500 watts running thru it and 5500watts @ 240 volts = 22.9 amps IMO it pretty light with this wire size it will be wiser to bump up to #10 wire and while you are at it if your water heater is not in the sight of breaker box [ if...
  15. frenchelectrican

Generator .... any good?

Not always the case it don't matter which type of fuel one way or other the fuel supply can be inturppted. with natrual gas there is some chance you can actally loose the NG supply on widespread power outage. now with LP [ Propane ] it pretty much depending on how much fuel you have in...
  16. frenchelectrican

Route question,Light question

Jimbo just want to give you a head up with Metal halide they dont work very well with motion sensor system due 1] warm up time 2 ] restrike time it will take anywhere from 5 min to 30 min depending on what type it is 3 ] the HID are more costy to buy however you can use either CFL or liner...
  17. frenchelectrican

Fan Issues

Useally not much a issue with hugger fans but just keep in your mind when you make the connections keep the wires away from the motor hub [ a housing where the fan blades connected] Merci,Marc
  18. frenchelectrican

electrical wiring deficiency?

if that person did have backstabbed repectale that will useally show up or bad splices that is the curpit. Merci, Marc
  19. frenchelectrican

Joining solid and stranded wires

What did you do with Gary's eyes ?? [ the snail cat from Spongebob tv cartoon show ] but really that sound like someone have alot of free time to wrap the tape on the splitbolt like crazy i did see it few of them. Merci, Marc
  20. frenchelectrican

Wiring a Spa. Do I use #8 awg or 6/3 romex slimpull ?

yeah i did see few of them but myself i am not a strong fan with plastic box. BTW Nailbender., with that box you got there one thing you have to watch out is the room to bend the wire[s] with #6's it might get pretty tight in few spots. If i know what that box brand name i can able tell...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks