Search results

1. fineline

Waste stack - 2 baths - upgrade to 4"?

Hey all, I am remodeling 1 full bathroom and setting up a tie-in for another future full bath. I removed most of the existing cast iron stack which was 3", and just as it enters the basement slab it transitions to 4". My plan was to reinstall the stack all as 4". If you look at the...
  2. fineline

Violent hammering in second zone

Hi all -- I have a gas-fired boiler with two zones - basement and main living floor (its a ranch). Whenever I turn up the stat in the basement, there is some pretty violent hammering until the pressure relief valve on the boiler blows - at this point I usually just turn down the stat so the...
  3. fineline

What is a "future tee"?

I'm sure this is a dumb question but today is the first time I have heard that term. I've looked for a definition but can't find one, only references to future tees. My assumption is a tee with a stub out for connecting new work "in the future". Is this a good assumption? Are there any issues...
  4. fineline

Connect Direct Vent WaterHeater to chimney flue?

Can you connect a direct vent hot water heater to a standard masonry chimney flue? Reason I ask -- my water heater has pretty much died so I need to purchase a new one. I also know that my chimney flue is soon in need of a re-lining -- so I was going to purchase a direct vent water heater since...
  5. fineline

Review my waste lines before I glue please

hey guys, just finished the dry fit of my new kitchen and powder room waste lines, but before I get ahead of myself and glue everything up I would love to get some comments from the pros. I'm feeling pretty confident that everything is up to code, but I'd rather not find out the hard way...
  6. fineline

Hot Water Heater Recommendation?

just took a freezing cold shower - not fun. Time to replace the hot water heater, it is 15-20 years old an as the home inspector put it "past its useful service life". I was looking at the tankless on-demand heaters but since I don't expect to be in the house long enough to realize the...
  7. fineline

Review my Kitchen Waste line plan

Would love to get some confirmation on my plans to install a new waste line for my kitchen sink. Hopefully the sketch is comprehensive enough. My main concerns are. 1. do I need a clean-out on the kitchen sink line, if so, where? 2. I know I can't connect the pvc tee-wye directly to the cast...
  8. fineline

advice on tricky sink waste rough-in

hi all, I'm just getting into my kitchen remodel and need some advice on how to run the kitchen waste and supply lines. Hopefully the attached photos with notes should show it all, but in a nutshell -- I am relocating the existing sink approx. 36" from its current location, the problem is the...
  9. fineline

Help - Identify Old Amer. Stand. Mixing Valve

first time poster, hoping someone can help me out. I have an old American Standard single lever shower mixing valve that has been leaking like crazy. I have attached photos since they are worth a 1,000 words -- I'm not a plumber but have renovated houses most of my life so I am a fairly...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks