Search results

1. Alexdc99

need a different solution

I have a chlorine injection system pumping in to two 120gl retention tanks. From there I have a 2x9 blue GE filter canister that filters out the oxidized iron and other solid that may be inthe line. Due to my higher iron levels in the water I have to change this filter out ever 2 to 3 weeks...
  2. Alexdc99

Accepting Credit Cards for Payment

Odds are the fees payed to Paypal are far more than what you'd pay for a credit card transaction.
  3. Alexdc99

How much black mold will stop you from getting old?

That's like saying you got lung cancer from sitting in a car for 2 hours with a smoker 30 years ago. Cancer and brain tumors can be caused by everything, sometimes even your own genetics.
  4. Alexdc99

Iron won't settle in chlorinator tank

Here are a couple of PDF's on the cleaning of resin's. Lots of good info. http://www.puroliteusa.com/ftp/Library/FoulingOfIEX&Cleaning.pdf http://www.puroliteusa.com/ftp/Library/OrganicFoulingofAnionResins.pdf
  5. Alexdc99

Hot water tank

I noticed a brownish stain coming from the hot water side of system and tracked it down to the hot water tank. I don't get anything from the cold side. I took the anode rod out and found that it mostly gone, so I am thinking the inside of the tank is starting to rust from water getting at it...
  6. Alexdc99

Water softener question

Thanks for the info. I was looking at the specs of this water softener I want to buy and it says it can remove a maximum 5ppm of iron. Since mine is at 3ppm now is it worth get a softener or going with one of the more complticated systems. Can the iron gets worse or better or will it always...
  7. Alexdc99

Water softener question

These are the results from my home water test kit on my well water, Iron - 3ppm Chlorine - 0ppm PH - between 7 and 8 Alkalinity - 230 Hardness - 90ppm (5 grain) Can a standard water softener take care of the iron and hardness or will I need some special treatment. These number don't...
  8. Alexdc99

Leach field pipe

If I wans't sitting a computer room for the last twelve hours without phone books or a phone then I would call them, but thanks for your reply.
  9. Alexdc99

Leach field pipe

Anyone know if any of the big box stores sells the perforated pipe for a septic leach field. Thanks
  10. Alexdc99

Water softener media and resin

I'll give water depot a call in the morning. I haven't picked up the carbon yet. The carbon is used to remove the chlorine that I inject in to the water stream to treat the iron I have in my water. Carbon will remove all the chlorine from the water.
  11. Alexdc99

It is a backwash filter, runs every three days. The company I called sells them in 1cu/ft bags. So one should di it for me then. Thanks
  12. Alexdc99

Thanks for your help Gary, I contacted R-Can and they put me in contact with a reseller local to me who I can purchase it from. Thanks Alex On a side note, I haven't removed my 8 * 44 mineral tank yet, any ideas on how much carbon is in there? Maybe 1cu/ft or less. I just want to try...
  13. Alexdc99

Anyone happen to know a company in Canada I could buy this stuff over the counter, I need some carbon. I know I can easily buy from the US and maybe this is a long shot posting here but worth a shot. Thanks Alex
  14. Alexdc99

Water heater covers

Do they work and save money by insulating the tank from heat loss? I have an electric 40gl and Hydro rates going up 15% next month.
  15. Alexdc99

Whole house filters

I have a blue whole house canister type filter for removing sediment and rust among a few other things. I have a surface well also. After a month or so I start to notice a pressure drop and that tells me it time to change it, this starts to get expensive when I need to change 12 a year. Is...
  16. Alexdc99

Mineral tank question

Would this amount of mineral be about 1/2 cft then. I forgot to ask when they installed in.
  17. Alexdc99

Mineral tank question

I have a 8*44 mineral tank that is about 1/2 full of active carbon media, can more be added or is there a certain amount of upper space needed for it to run properly. My control head has a top basket to keep the media from being backwashed out. Thanks
  18. Alexdc99

Bernzomatic JTH7 High Temperature Torch

Also if you leave you propane tank in the cold garage you get less pressure due to the cold. When I need to use my torch in the winter months I bring the tank inside for half a day. Then when I go back outside the gas comes out easier and not in the more liquid form from when it's cold.
  19. Alexdc99

Pump and tank question

I have a 1/2hp jet pump in the basement hooked up to a WX-202 20gl(total volume) well-x-trol tank. In there sizing chart is keeps referring to a minimum 1 minute pump runtime, when mine runs is for 30 seconds or so. I have the right size tank as per the chart and my pressure on the pump and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks