Search results

1. abrahuang

Cleanout problems solved, now come vent problems

My biggest confusion is the 3" vent/stack. it comes vertical from roof, connected nothing on the way, then down to basement and made a 90 turn to horizontal. Does this vent count? Where it started not be regarded as a vent? From the replies, I learn that the sink connected to this horizontal...
  2. abrahuang

Cleanout problems solved, now come vent problems

I took out the old cast iron pipes this weekend, and put together another dry fit. I have both first floor bathroom and the on-going basement bathroom. The basement shower-tub need a vent, but I don't know I should vent through a new revent to roof or anywhere in the existing waste-vent in...
  3. abrahuang

Cleanouts Questions

I took down all the cast iron pipes today, besides, climbed into attic to have a Tee inserted into the vent pipe for any revents when needed. Tomorrow, Sunday, I am going to fit the pipes in then post a new thread with my venting questions. Thanks for many helps from this forum!
  4. abrahuang

Cleanouts Questions

I am going to have the toilet line vented by connecting it to the old vent to roof. I couldn't show this in photo because it was blocked by the old cast iron pipe. I was told to need a re-vent for the sink too, so I am going to bore holes and make a re-vent connected in attic. I will cut the...
  5. abrahuang

Cleanouts Questions

It seems my previous questions were "cleaned-out", but it escalated to vent questions. I should oringinate a new post on my questions on vents soon, so people having respiration difficulties can learn from my problems.
  6. abrahuang

Cleanouts Questions

Here is the update: http://picasaweb.google.com/abrahuang/HouseBasementPlumbing/photo#5117137839941809474 http://picasaweb.google.com/abrahuang/HouseBasementPlumbing/photo#5117137865711613266
  7. abrahuang

Cleanouts Questions

It's much clearer now. I am going to make the changes and show you the photo asap. Thank you so much!
  8. abrahuang

Cleanouts Questions

It will be good if I can raise the toilet line, a local plumber told me to connect toilet line to the stack first(is it because waste from sink is good to flush toilet waste , or if save heavy pipes the same time, or both?), so I followed his instruction. Now it seems not so critical. There is...
  9. abrahuang

Cleanouts Questions

David: I loweredd the toilet waste by 45 degree to the horizontal Wye. How does it looks this time? I used the fittings on hands, but I can lower the toilet waste before it goes horizontal too when got the long turn elbow. I don't know how it is going to affect the restriction of standpipe...
  10. abrahuang

Cleanouts Questions

BA, hj and Grumpy: Don't worry about the back pitch, it's a dry fit, so "something" is not there yet:), but I will make sure this will not really happen. I have a cleanout at the base of the stack, so I guess I will change the Y with a long radius elbow. How if a Wye instead of Tee on the...
  11. abrahuang

Cleanouts Questions

Hi, Geniescience, there is no vent for the toilet branch; it is 4 feet from the flange to stack. Is it still good to replace the Tee with Wye? An existing cleanout is on the stack just above ground. The horizontal 90 vent bend connects to a 1 1/2 vent for a basement sink(the little white thing...
  12. abrahuang

Cleanouts Questions

I am replacing cast ion pipes with schedule 40. To route the toilet branch from vertical to horizontal, I used a Y. Can I replace the Y with 45 elbow, or a 90 long sweep, saving the cleanout? http://picasaweb.google.com/abrahuang/HouseBasementPlumbing/photo#5116227117896496402 Another cleanout...
  13. abrahuang

Improper Grading

I am installing a new bathroom in basement. A new section of capped pipe was slid in through under foundation by a pro, connecting the sewer main to street. Unfortunately, after uncapped it, I found out a pond of water wanted to stay at a level about 1 inch above the pipe bottom. To connect...
  14. abrahuang

Basement bathroom plumbing plan, new version

Breaking the cement is not so easy. It took me whole Saturday to cut the cement with circular saw and then sledgehammer 10' . I am to tired to dig the trench today.
  15. abrahuang

Basement bathroom plumbing plan, new version

Thanks for the many helps from here, I put together the newest version: Pls click to enlarge. Does this look good? Do I need a cleanout at the 1 1/2" 90 elbow for accessing from back of the wetwall? Or change the 90 elbow to 45? I ordered the 27x54x16 tub, it was said to be for above floor...
  16. abrahuang

Pls review my bsmt bathroom plumbing plan

I connected the drain for tub, by a reducing T and 1 1/2" pipe. The distance from drain to vent is 33". The height can be adjusted above or under ground. The P-trap will be probably need a pit in the cement slab. I haven't seen the real tub yet, it will need 3 weeks to arrive. Does this look...
  17. abrahuang

http://img2.putfile.com/main/6/16309001785.jpg Here is the update. I will use the toilet vent for tub drain. The valve will be accessible through a 8" tube with lid. Thanks for reminder. How does it look this time?
  18. abrahuang

I will change the T to a Y. Thanks for pointing out. The 4" pipe will extend 20 feet along the wall to the laundry(vanity is on the way), so I will keep it straight and close to the wall. Since there is a backwater valve, I thought the toilet and tub could be poorly vented because of the valve...
  19. abrahuang

I am putting a new bathroom in the basement and replacing cast ion pipes as well. The new sewer come in through foundation 2' below ground. It will serve an existing bathroom 1st floor and the new bathroom in basement, and is reserved for laundry and morning kitchen as well. Before I glue down...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks