Search results

1. B

Sand will not end

Two years ago I replaced the drop point in my well which is on my recreational property. It is jet pump system and is 65' deep and has a 2" casing. I did not know what gauge the original point was so we went with a 60 gauge point. We ran the system for hours to clear out the sand and it seemed...
  2. B

Sand in well water

What they use up here is a 3' drop point. Looks like a point you would drive without the large tip. The tip is flush to the case of the point. The 1-1/4" coupling on the end on the point stops inside the drive shoe. You need to pull that up the casing when you change it out and drop the new one...
  3. B

Sand in well water

I was wrong with the foot valve. I meant to say drive shoe. The Bremer valve is what we used. It also has a check in it. So if I have this right on the end of the 2" casing there is a drive shoe that the drop point seats into and the screened point sticks out into the sand and gravel bed...
  4. B

Sand in well water

The guy that helped me has done quit a few wells so I believe that he has done this before. He had a tool called a carrot which works like an easy out. That is attached to the end of a length of 3/4" rigid pipe. We drop that down and add lengths of pipe until we got to what you called the Bremer...
  5. B

Sand in well water

I recently bought some land with an existing well. It has a 2" well casing and a 1" drop pipe with a jet pump. Total depth is 55' with the drop pipe down 40'. It had sat unused for about six years and I'm not sure how old the well is. I replaced the pump and drop point and the ejector two years...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks