Search results

1. Ehlinn

Installing extra layer of plywood

I need to beef up my existing subfloor before laying cement board and tile. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding the best way to add the second layer of plywood to my subfloor. Should I use some sort of adhesive along with screws? Thanks
  2. Ehlinn

Fitting a T in a horizontal run of PVC

I have a problem, and I hope some pros out there know a trick. How do you deal with putting a T in a run of 4 inch PVC drain that has little or no play in any direction. I can cut out the section of pipe needed to fit the T, but I can't move the pipe enough to allow the T to swallow the...
  3. Ehlinn

Dealing with flange on fiberglass shower

I am installing a fiberglass shower enclosure. My enclosure has a nailing flange that is 3/16th of an inch. I want to run drywall up to the shower, but to do this right I will have to furr out the entire wall to compensate for the thickness of the flange. Do any of you guys have a simpler...
  4. Ehlinn

Slope in pvc drains

I have a general question about the maintaining the slope in pvc drains. I am running a length of "horizontal" drain to a vertical line and I will be making the connection with a T. But the t comes off the vertical at 90 degrees. How do I slope the horizontal run of pipe going from my drain...
  5. Ehlinn

Rim mount faucet on tub

Because of how my bathroom is laid out I need to be able to mount a faucet on the rim of my fiberglass tub. Can this only be done with certain tubs? I read the specs for the Kohler Lakewood model and they say the following: "Consult national and local codes for minimum air gap requirements...
  6. Ehlinn

Cement board under shower and tub?

I am getting ready to start rebuilding my gutted bathroom. Is it a good idea to cover the entire floor with cement backer board, and install the tub and shower on top of that rather than just installing them on the plywood subfloor? I noticed my old shower and tub were placed right on the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks