Search results

1. Texaro

Can Sulfur smell and iron be removed with a softner

Thank you gentlemen, Sounds like its time to see if the "Good Old Boys" mindset is active. I'll make a few calls tomorrow, and see what I can learn. I appreciate your help! It's always nice to have an advocate, twice as nice to have two :)
  2. Texaro

Thanks! Really good advice! Its a weird story behind the water supplier. The well and water is owned by the developer, who had his nephew maintain the water in exchange for rent. The owner has recently passed on and I'm not sure who's in charge of the water right now. When I contact...
  3. Texaro

Now that I've had a good experience with one plumbing project, I'm ready for another. We live in a small (25 home) development in south central Texas that has a strong common well. The water is hard but I haven't had it tested, sometimes light orange, most always has a slight sulfur gas...
  4. Texaro

Perplexing PLX

I dug one of the wrappers out from the trash. The unions are made by WATTS, called Water PEX. The tubing is also PEX. The unions have what looks like an O ring about an inch inside the union that I guess seals the water while the tubing itself is held in place with a kind of split O ring that...
  5. Texaro

Perplexing PLX

OOPS! Yeah, you're right - it's PEX! :o The fittings were from Lowe's. They just pushed together. I did make note of how far they were to have gone in and stuck them together hard enough to seat where they should have gone. They're still dry !
  6. Texaro

Perplexing PLX

I just finished running a ¾ supply bypass through my attic crawl space due to a slab leak in the buried ¾ copper line. Everything went OK, but I noticed just a hint of moisture at two ¾ unions (not on the same connector). I waited about 6 hours and the moisture stopped occurring. When I...
  7. Texaro

Cement slab leak

Hey - THANKS! At least there's one positive. I'm thinking that when I do this I should just go ahead and do the hot line at the same time.
  8. Texaro

Cement slab leak

Thanks! Thanks Y'all, As soon as I recover from my depression, I guess I've got stuff to do.
  9. Texaro

Cement slab leak

Bummer OK, I think I'm seeing another picture. In this one the water is flowing under my slab, washing out the fill, drawing termites to it and a little of the water is even following the pipe up (this is what I saw). OH MAN - that changes everything. Thanks for your candor, I guess...
  10. Texaro

Cement slab leak

Greetings! I have found a VERY slow leak in a 3/4 line that supplies cold water to two bathrooms in my home. The lines all pass through the cement slab for my Texas, ranch style home. I'm assuming this line is the feeder since it goes into the header and all the other lines that are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks