Search results

1. electrotuko

Clack valve - Refill port plug leaks

When Clack is in a service-"home" mode there is a full water pressure under that refill cup. Not sure if this is normal. I have inspected a spacer stack assembly, it all looks good. Replaced refill port plug with new and new O-ring (no teflon), same issue. One thing I noticed that, since it is a...
  2. electrotuko

Posting image of the leak place.
  3. electrotuko

Clack WS1EE used on a iron removal filter/tank, Backwash only valve. After a month after an installation it started leaking from a Refill Port Plug. The water drips (1 drop/hour) from the locking clip holes. I removed the plug, visually inspected, all looks good, O-ring looks good, clean...
  4. electrotuko

Well water – new system setup to remove iron

@Bannerman, thanks for comments. I understand that, and understand that is an ideal situation recommended by manufacturer. In the real life some installations are not providing sufficient amount of backwash sacrificing backwash performance. But still might have a good manganese ore condition at...
  5. electrotuko

I am planing to use Pyrolox (0.8 cb ft.) and Clinopit (0.8 cb ft.) in one 10x54 tank. I know that Pyrollox requires 25 gpm/sq ft for the backwash, but since there is only 18" of Pyrolox high in the tank, smaller over all mass that would be easier to lift, would the 9-10 gpm of backwash...
  6. electrotuko

@ditttohead, thanks for advising. I will take a closer look in to a single tank system filled with Katalox Light. Need to do some more readings as I found there are mixed results/feedback from the field using Katalox Light. Or will use a Pyrolox. Will try not use a carbon at all, will...
  7. electrotuko

So basically there is no need to use manganese oxide type of media to remove (I was thinking of Pyrolox, MangOx, Filox) the iron and the catalytic carbon + clinoptilolite would be sufficient and last longer that 5 years? Or it might make sense to sue manganese oxide media that would last much...
  8. electrotuko

@Reach4, Thanks, good advise. I will check a low level chlorine at various stages. I am worrying to mix Catalytic carbon and clinoptilolite (I read that this requires 14-18 gpm/sq ft of backwash flow) as required backwash flow rate is 1.5 times different between them.
  9. electrotuko

@ditttohead, Thank you for the response. What proportions would you recommend, would this be optimal: 1 cub ft - Catalytic carbon 0.5 cub ft - Clinoptilolite 20 lb - gravel Is this correct assumption: the Catalytic carbon will not be able to be cleaned by back-washing, it will keep absorbing...
  10. electrotuko

Austin, TX

Austin, TX
  11. electrotuko

I've been reading here as a guest, now I am going to ask for an advise on how to make best fit new system configuration. Simplifying my previous post. My well water has 0.8ppm of iron and basically nothing else. I am using a chlorination system to oxidize the iron. To remove such small amount...
  12. electrotuko

Radiant heating under cork floor

Just curious if it makes sense to install electrical wire based under floor heating for cork floating floor. I was going to install the SunTouch WarmWire electrical heating system for my bathroom. Originally was planning to use ceramic tiles but after I seen how warm (at least the feeling...
  13. electrotuko

Code relating to venting Air Admittance Valves (AAVs) for remodeling

I know that the code does not allow to use Air Admittance Valves (AAVs) for venting for Illinois. Can the AAVs be used for the remodeling, not talking about new construction, talking about Illinois, Kane County. Need to add bathtub, shower, vanity-sink and WC in the lower level-waking out...
  14. electrotuko

Subpanel location, mounting on the joist

I can take few pictures, in a few least questionable areas, to void some criticism...:) Just to reiterate my worry: Can I cover the area (insulate wall) with fiberglass R-16 below and above the panel where many NM-B wires going up/down from the panel. Afraid to have temp rise or so. Is NEC OK...
  15. electrotuko

The work is in a finishing up stage. Just curious if this is acceptable. The main panel is installed between studs on the outside wall. Now having added wires coming out to crawl. There are approx. 10 wires NM-B going down and 15 up from then panel. I was thinking of putting insulation in the...
  16. electrotuko

jwelectric, you mentioned: But earlier you pointed out to 110.26(A)(1)(2)&(3) and noted: Just to clarify, can the subpanel be mounted 4 feet above the ground? How about the headroom of 6 1/2' you mentioned. It would be mounted on your suggested 3/4" ply board, making in the same high of my...
  17. electrotuko

DonL, I live in Illinois, sorry did not pay attention to my settings. Found another nice multi-cable staple: Gardner-Bender-MCS-20W-Snapshot-Multi-Cable/dp/B000FPAI3Y Can this hold four NM or have to be derated for three as I read in another forums?
  18. electrotuko

Exactly, that was the goal for having an elegant solution. Drill one hole in the floor to get to crawl space from the main panel. Run one 50' cable (easy to mount to each joist) through that hole to subpanel and from here easy split multiple NM-B's to all directions. Looks like the subpanel...
  19. electrotuko

The reason very clearly seen from the picture: the bundle is tire-wrapped very tight, plus it runs through the insulation, not enough cooling, air circulation, wires even changed color from overheat. My is a bit different case, wires going through the non insulated/free air space, and was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks