Search results

1. LaughingCoyote

Distance between trap and shower drain

I have received an answer to my main question from Howe Brothers, our local DIY plumbing shop. He said the trap can be no more than 15 inches from the fixture. Otherwise, the force of a surge of water coming down the pipe can push the water out of the trap. Though this can be dealt with using a...
  2. LaughingCoyote

I recall that the joist is 2x8. Because the P Trap is inside the wall, I don't think I need to raise it. I should be able to adjust it to fit in.
  3. LaughingCoyote

The old arrangement ran about 4' diagonally beneath the joists from the P trap to the stack, using 2" pipe several inches below the joists requiring the P trap to come even further below that, probably because it was constructed in an unfinished basement and they didn't care where the pipe went...
  4. LaughingCoyote

Thanks for cutting down the options. So I guess I'll just go the way of the first posting, which is to put one trap downstream of the tub and bear what may. My brother-in-law wanted the drainpipe to go flat against the joists from the tub to the wall (to make as little intrusion into the ceiling...
  5. LaughingCoyote

I have a derivative question. We are rerouting the drain from a bathtub in a basement ceiling in my brother-in-law's house. Originally the trap was directly under the tub, which then put the drain about 8 inches or so beneath the joists making a very unsightly intrusion from the ceiling where it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks