Search results

1. Tracker83

OWB's

The 12 cord that I burned last winter contained a lot of green wood and a lot of "trash" wood (poplar, box alder, etc.). I don't expect to have to burn that much every year. I cut 10 cord for this winter and it's mostly hardwood that has had almost a year to age/dry. 1/3 of the way into heating...
  2. Tracker83

OWB's

Jimbo, The "carbon neutral" comment was in reference to the Al Gore discussion which involves greenhouse gas emissions (mainly CO2) and the whole carbon neutral lifestyle debate (carbon offsets/credits, quotas, etc.). In that case burning wood is considered carbon neutral. I do agree...
  3. Tracker83

OWB's

Complicated? Not at all. In fact, I was surprised at how simple of a system it is. The stove heats the water; the circulator pump distributes the hot water to the house; and heat exchangers in the house extract the heat from the water. Installation was a breeze. You'll have more work into...
  4. Tracker83

OWB's

And burning wood is carbon neutral...
  5. Tracker83

OWB's

I own one, and installed it myself. What exactly would you like to know?
  6. Tracker83

Do A/C Units Run Out Of Freon?

After 4 years your A-coil could use a good cleaning. That is a common cause of reduced cooling output.
  7. Tracker83

alternate heating source

I purchased a model with forced air injection (instead of natural draft). When the blower is off you can only see a few whisps of smoke coming from the chimney. When the blower turns on it does smoke for a few minutes, then after that the fire becomes so hot that you literally can not see ANY...
  8. Tracker83

alternate heating source

I'm with Mike123 on this one. I installed an outdoor wood boiler prior to last heating season. The boiler heats the house, garage, and domestic hot water. I used 80 gallons of propane from Oct. 1 through May 1, but my propane is still used for the oven/range and clothes dryer. Without the wood...
  9. Tracker83

Drawdown seal?

It is a PVC with a submersible pump. I believe it's 5". I don't have the spec's in front of me, I can post more info on the well later. Any tips for designing the sprinkler system to make due with 10GPM?
  10. Tracker83

Drawdown seal?

Any opinions on the use of drawdown seals? I don't know much about them and in my research I'm not find a lot of info. I am looking at putting in irrigation for my lawn, but when the well was drilled last summer the drilling company informed me that the well is probably not adequate for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks