Search results

1. pipewoe

Advantage Lumber?

Has anyone ordered wood online through Advantage Lumber for decking? Any advice/problems? Thanks!
  2. pipewoe

ductless heat pump vs gas

I've got a 1250 sq foot 50's ranch (Seattle) with a 35+ year old elec. forced air furnace. I'm looking to replace/upgrade and am curious about the new ductless heat pumps on the market. Seattle has a pretty good rebate right now, so I am considering it. Does anyone have experience w/this new...
  3. pipewoe

height of border in tub surround?

Hey all, Getting ready to tile. I'm putting in a 6x8 tile oriented vertically in the tub surround which is 73.5 inches from tub edge to ceiling. I plan on adding a 4-5 inch penny-round tile border amid the field tile. Question is: is there a "standard height" at which a border should be...
  4. pipewoe

E-Z drywall tape?

Finally time to drywall the bath. As a novice, I've read alot online about tape vs mesh, etc. I just found a product called E-Z drywall taping system that has a self-adhesive tape to cover the seams, then put 2 more coats of mud on. No embedding the tape step. Has anyone used this? It seems...
  5. pipewoe

can a door swing outwards?

Hi--having problems with the space in my bath remodel. I installed a pocket door but am not happy with the sense of "flimsiness" it brings. The toilet is oriented parallel with the door with the front edge of the toilet even with the door opening which means when someone is sitting, their...
  6. pipewoe

tile underlayment over subfloor

Hi, I've gutted down to the old subfloor in my bath remodel and want to reinforce it a bit w/plywood overlay prior to backerboard and tile. The room is 8x8 w/customary 5 foot tub, one closet, one w/d alcove. Is it acceptable to cut multiple rectangles for all the little spaces, or do I need...
  7. pipewoe

hot water pipe near elec.wire

ok, my remodel problems continue. The washer/dryer alcove in my new remodel bath project is very tight. The plumber put in the water/waste pipes (copper 1/2 for hot-cold) and the electrician ran the 220 into the same alclove. The electrical wire comes very close to the copper. Do I need to...
  8. pipewoe

combining fan and dryer vent?

I'm remodeling a bath and it will have my w/d in it. I'm installing a nutone exhaust fan w/light that requires a 6" vent. The dryer requires a 4". To me it seems these should be kept separate and I should run two vents to the outside (its a fairly long run), but my contractor posed the...
  9. pipewoe

Maax vs Aqua Glass?

I'm getting ready to purchase a replacement tub for a remodel. After much reading online, I've decided to go w/acrylic, and realize there are many "grades" of the product. My budget for the tub is $600-850. Can I buy a decent acrylic for that, and is there a quality difference between Maax...
  10. pipewoe

main stack jog?

I'm doing a bath remodel and want to move the main stack about 6-10". It can stay in the same wall, but I am cutting into that wall to put in an alcove (annexing a closet) and need more width where the stack sits to put in a W/D. The pipe is 50+yrs cast iron. Is it possible to essentially...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks