Search results

1. michaelheerwald

Very muddy water out of well?

I just recently fixed an old well on my property to irrigate my lawn. This is what I know about the well. It is at least 25 years old and is over 200 ft. It has casing but I don't know how deep it goes. It has water at 38 ft. It has a one horse 220 volt pump(brand new) which is...
  2. michaelheerwald

Help with I.D. of this shower faucet, for parts?

Can anyone tell me what I am looking for or how to go about finding parts for this faucet? It is on an exterior wall or I would just replace the whole darn thing! If I need to provide more info let me know. I looked at Lowes and the "plumbing expert" said I was going to have to replace the...
  3. michaelheerwald

Septic maintenance

I have just purchased a home with a septic system, it is my first real experience with one except for a lake house which I have never had any problems with since it is just used for a month a year! My question is what do I need to do for maintenance of the system, how will I know when to have...
  4. michaelheerwald

90000 gallons and no obvious leak?

Water useage at 85000 gallons last month and 90000 this one. Standing over meter for many minutes and no movement on the little spinner. No signs of leaks under, around or in house. No running toilets, that I can hear or see. The tenants say they don't know of any problems at all. Its there...
  5. michaelheerwald

older air vents?

I have just purchased a home that originally did not have refridgerated air but did have central heat. The best I can tell all the air blows out on the lower vents close to the floor but above each one at the ceiling there is another vent which has a cylinder in it which stops just below the...
  6. michaelheerwald

Ideas on rotted window in shower

I have just purchased a house with a window in the shower which is really in bad shape from the moisture over the last 50 years. I am removing and replacing all the tile in the area and trying to decide what to do about the window, cover it from the inside and tile over it, but any ideas on the...
  7. michaelheerwald

Terminology question?

What is a plug on a 220v plug in called when it has one vertical plug and one horizontal and then the round one?
  8. michaelheerwald

Well vs. rural water

time to make a decision, I am either going to have to spend about $2,000 fixing my water well, worst case scenario or about $1,000 to tie into rural water with a $40 min. charge per month for the first 1,000 gallons then $6 each additional. This is a lake house that would only be used on...
  9. michaelheerwald

Well problem

I recently inherited a problem, My cabin has a 146ft water well and has been working pretty good for the last 33 years I recently have been fixing up the old place and the only problem I have noticed with the well untill yesterday was that after using the water for a long period of time(like...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks