Search results

1. Norcal1

why the hell won't this work?

Try a plumbing specialty store...bring in one of the faucets. Good luck.
  2. Norcal1

rustproof escutcheons

Apply a couple of coats of car wax on your chrome products and they will look good and last longer. Repeat the process at least once a year. Good luck.
  3. Norcal1

Leaking brass transition to ABS trap

Make sure the plastic washer is installed correctly...I see lots of these installed backwards. The flat side of the washer should be up against the nut.
  4. Norcal1

worlds oldest flapper....

I see lots of them in that condition...must be the water plus age. But, I don't think they made that style flapper 35 years ago. Those little flappers will stain the heck out of your hands if you're not wearing gloves...that much I know.
  5. Norcal1

Dishwasher drainhose to sewer pipe, bad idea?

Seems like a waste of time...you are definately not going to help improve the smell. Why go to all that work, when you have a perfectly fine connection at the garbage disposal? The p-trap under your kitchen sink keeps the sewer gases from coming into your dishwaher drain hose. Again, it...
  6. Norcal1

Tub Spout Length

I assume that yours is the standard 5-1/4" spout... Many manufacturers sell a 6-1/2" "extra long" spout. Just do a google search and you'll find many to choose from. Good luck.
  7. Norcal1

Proflo kitchen faucets

Possible set screw hidden in the back...it's been a year or so but I had a heck of a time finding a hidden set screw on a proflow faucet. Good luck.
  8. Norcal1

Delta shower troubleshoot

Probably the cartridge.
  9. Norcal1

Who knows what to do with a new Delta tub spout in new construction?

You either need to sweat some male thread adapters on the copper or buy some spouts that slip over the copper pipe and are tightened with a set screw. I would expect that there are caps soldered onto the ends of the copper, which would need to be cut off, of course. Good luck.
  10. Norcal1

Wall hung sink anchoring

If you can't brace it well, then just put in a pedestal sink. I have an elderly lady client who lost her balance and leaned on her wall mount sink (NOT installed by me) and the thing came crashing down...she was very lucky to not be injured. And, she was very lucky that there was slack in the...
  11. Norcal1

What would you do?

I see this set up far too often...Use the extra thick wax ring. Like this one: http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/51-291-wax-rings/extra-thick-toilet-bowl-gasket-604517.aspx Good luck.
  12. Norcal1

3/4" or 1/2" copper lines

Well said...try not to take it personally, the hot shots have insulted me (a fellow plumber) on more than one occasion, as well...you're in good company. :D
  13. Norcal1

Water Pressure Regulator

Tip: If you only want to use 3/4" of solder, bend the wire 90 degrees at that distance from the end of the wire. That way you'll know how much solder has been used. Good luck.
  14. Norcal1

Leak coming from Anchor Bolt

Do what you have to do to get that bolt to slide under the flange. Use a dremel or whatever to clear out what's underneath the flange...wood, lino, etc... Or you could loosen up the screws that are holding the flange to the floor and then slide the bolt in place. That's what I normally do...
  15. Norcal1

luke warm water at bath

Sounds like a balancing spool problem...just replace the cartridge and you'll be taking hot showers in no time. Good luck.
  16. Norcal1

drip from tank bolt, Help!

Possibly a small crack in the tank around the bolt hole. A good light source and magnifying glass will help you detect whether or not there is a crack. Good luck.
  17. Norcal1

Current thoughts on Plumbers Putty vs Silicon Caulk

I never use silicon on basket strainers, I only use plumber's putty...never had a problem with leaking. No, don't use a rubber gasket under the basket strainer, that goes under the sink. Also, I don't use teflon tape on showerhead installs. They have rubber washers that are supposed to create...
  18. Norcal1

Hot water from the cold faucets!

I think the fact that this is a 3 story townhouse may be a factor in all this as well...that's a pretty tall water column...that's a fair amount of pressure bearing down on the bottom floor, where I am assuming the water heater is located.
  19. Norcal1

Diverter Attach - Just a strap? Really?

Not sure what you are describing. :confused: Typically your diverter is part of the valve body, as in a 3 handle shower valve. Or the diverter is part of the tub spout, which is typically attached to a pipe that is attached to a drop ear 90. Of course, there is also the kind of...
  20. Norcal1

New shower install

I'd go with one of the Saniflo systems...way easier, and cheeper in the end. http://saniflo.com/
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks