Search results

1. catzilla

Heat Pump Service

Do you know approximately how long a heat pump will last? Mine is a 13 yr. old Rheem and the home inspector listed it as an item I may need to replace in the next few years. I know the previous owner didn't like to pay for maintenance or repairs and I wanted to keep it in good working order...
  2. catzilla

Heat Pump Service

Thanks - this company was actually suggesting twice a year check ups - in the spring and fall, but to me that sounded like overkill.
  3. catzilla

Heat Pump Service

Just bought townhome with heat pump - the neighbors all use different service companies and they have been told to have the unit serviced in July of each year. My company is recommending spring and fall - they say it doesn't make sense to do it in the summer. What do you think?
  4. catzilla

Cracks in Shower

Just purchased a home with a 13 yr. old Lasco one piece shower/tub. There are several small cracks in the shower wall and a plumber told me to get some silicone. The guy at the hardware store told me the silicone was a waste of money - if the cracks were small, to just let them go. What...
  5. catzilla

New Toto Drakes

Just had two Toto Drakes installed to replace Gerber toilets. The plumber who did the job had never worked with Totos before, so I'm not sure if this is a problem or not and after talking to him, he doesn't know either. After a flush, one of the toilets makes an on and off hissing noise in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks