Search results

1. T

Tub drain and bath tub liner

Terry......Thanks for your thoughts. The reply from hj was the first one I got. The drain/stopper mechanism is a step-on type with a knob on the top that you grab and pull up to open the drain. The knob can be unscrewed which reveals the top of a shaft on which the stopper rides up and down...
  2. T

Terry...........I guess I don't understand your reply. I am trying to find out if it is possible to remove the drain assembly in a tub liner which now has water between the liner and the tub. It appears that the water has entered under the flange of the liner drain. If I could remove the...
  3. T

How does the drain hardware in a tub liner interface with the drain in the original tub? Can the liner drain be removed (disconnected) from the tub drain without damaging the liner?
  4. T

bathtub liner problem

Thanks for the advice, hj. I am not a plumber so please excuse dumb questions. The liner was installed with a drain "stopper" that is pulled up to open and pushed down to close the drain. It was no problem to remove that. It screws in to a cross piece lower down in the drain opening. I think...
  5. T

bathtub liner problem

In 2004 we had a liner installed over our bathtub. We have been totally satisfied with the liner and quality of the work until recently we noticed there is water between the liner and the tub. There is no evidence of any defect in the caulking and no other obvious indication of how water could...
  6. T

leak in water softener internal valving

On 11-19 I posted my problem with loss of water pressure due to a leak somewhere in our plumbing which I could not find. I just found the leak is in my water softener. The drain hose from the softener goes into my sump crock so that explains why I could never find a leak in any of the usual...
  7. T

water pressure loss

I live in the country. Our water supply is our well. The submersible pump cuts in at about 37 psi and cuts out at about 54 psi. I have noticed the sound of the pressure switch turning on the pump when there is no water being used. I watched the gauge at the pressure tank and I lose about 8 to...
  8. T

Gmax in Toto/Drake

About 5 years ago I installed a Toto/Drake toilet in our main bathroom. It has worked flawlessly although the flush has always been a little noisey. Recently the Gmax valve seems to have developed a problem. After flushing it may be 20 seconds or so before the valve lets water start flowing into...
  9. T

foamy water

Today when I turned on the kitchen sink faucet for cold water, what came out was very foamy. When I filled up a glass the foam would dissipate after 5 seconds or so. After letting the water run for about a minute the water was no longer foamy. I tried the faucets in the bathroom with the same...
  10. T

How to make the Toto Drake always flush fully?

I bought & installed a Toto Drake about 2 years ago. After installing it I gave it a test flush and I thought there must be something wrong. The flush was so fast that it seemed not enough water could be going through to do the job. But I was wrong. Never have had any problems with it. My...
  11. T

Sump Pump runs every 3 to 6 minutes

Where does your pump pump the water? Is it possible that there is a break in the pipe near the outside wall of your building and the water is finding its way right back into the tiles that line the perimiter of your basement walls? Just a thought. A neighbor of mine recently had that situation.
  12. T

air leak at valve stem on captive air tank

Thanks to Speedbump Thanks for the advice. That's what I was looking for. I have had the tank since 1992 so it's lasted a while. Appreciate your recommendations of the two tank mfgrs.
  13. T

air leak at valve stem on captive air tank

My submersible pump recently started short-cycling. I put some soapy water around the air valve stem at the top of the tank and got bubbles. Please note that the bubbles are NOT the result of a loose or leaky valve CORE. The valve is the same as used on automotive rims for tubeless tires...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks