Search results

1. snafflekid

help identify this pressure regulator

I am looking for advice on how to proceed with fixing this regulator. We currently have street pressure inside the house. I rotated the screw both directions a while back and don't remember which way lowered the pressure. I think left turn. But the change was not enough and water leaks from...
  2. snafflekid

Change shower to wet vent

I am remodelling a bath to include a larger shower stall and this will require Lavatory 1 and the shower vent to move to the other side of a joist. Also I am replacing this corroding galvanized plumbing leg with PVC back to the cast iron wye. I am weighing some options on the plumbing change...
  3. snafflekid

towel hanger removal

How do I get this thing off the wall? I see nowhere there are screws. Surely it is not a permanent fixture.
  4. snafflekid

enlighten me on breaker

What is the purpose of quad circuit breakers? Specifically, a Siemens QT breaker with 15/30/30/15 amp breakers where the center pair are common trip? I have also seen quad, tandem circuit breakers in the same configuration but only take two spaces.
  5. snafflekid

Thermostat for this heater?

I'm repairing the electrical wiring to a suspended ceiling gas heater (which has a flue). The original thermostat was removed when the drywall was ripped out and replaced and only the box remains. The dummies replaced it with a recepticle! This controlled a fan as well as the gas valve. My...
  6. snafflekid

Remote control load switch?

I have a question. I have a swamp cooler which has a two speed fan on it which is wired to a switch that turns it either on high or off. It's load is 11.5 Amps. Is there some kinde of remote control available to switch this big of a load between high and low? I'd prefer to not run a 14/3 cable...
  7. snafflekid

Remodel Bill Gates bathroom

This was an interview question given to my friend who applied for a job at Microsoft. What would you say? I think I would laugh. By the way, he got the job. the Gates Bathroom tour
  8. snafflekid

Gas suspended garage heater, how does it work?

I believe that is what they are called. It is bracketed to the ceiling and hangs in a corner of the building. It runs off natural gas and has a fan on the back. What is striking to me is that there is no chimney, so the exhaust goes into the room. Is there any need I should be aware of when...
  9. snafflekid

going thru the roof (power, that is)

What are some recommedations for getting 110V power to a swamp cooler on a flat roof? The roof is covered in a membrane. I would like to put a piece of rigid conduit through a hole and want the hole to be watertight and the wire to be safe.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks