Search results

1. Jed54

Open Hot

Some years ago we had a problem with termites from an adjacent building that was demolished. They filled in the basement area with old timber instead of doing it with the proper land fill. When the food source depleted they moved in. A well known exterminator ( Will just call him Otto ) came and...
  2. Jed54

Open Hot

Found the break between to wall outlets 5' apart. Bypassed by using exterior raceway and boxes. For now power is back on........ :rolleyes:
  3. Jed54

Open Hot

For some months one of the breakers has been tripping one the lower lever of out church. The last time it tripped it was reset, the breaker does not trip, but several wall outlets are dead. (I get no indication of a hot with a inductive tester). All service is underground. Is there a way to...
  4. Jed54

Wiring above ground

I'm in a mind just to put up a motion sensing halogen lamp from the back porch. Her car was broken into last week. Carport area is very dark at night. Why anyone would try to steal a 1985 Taurus is beyond me... :rolleyes:
  5. Jed54

Wiring above ground

I dug a trench for myself a year ago to my garage... Its not a fun thing to do.. This is for a family member.... I was just looking for an alternative method. The last 4' or so would involve busting up existing concrete slab from old garage.. :(
  6. Jed54

Wiring above ground

Have a relative with a car port which is about 30' from house.... Is it possible to run power 110volt to car port above ground....... I've seen some rather small service heads that appear to accommodate smaller gauge wire..... Thanks
  7. Jed54

No lights

First of all I hope I can explain this correctly.. If not.. I tried.. Here we go.. My cousins home lost power to the second floor.. The second floor still has all knob and tube.. Going upstairs there is a section of 12/2 wired nutted to three knob & tube wires.. One to black, one to white, and...
  8. Jed54

Surge Protection

Thanks everyone for the info on this.... Seen an article on Arc Fault Circuit Interrupters that analyzes the signature of a spark... I would imagine the power has to be disconnect from meter or source for installation, but I'm guessing it does. I would think it might be easier, and would protect...
  9. Jed54

Surge Protection

I have an RCA 1500 Joules six tap surge protector which I haven't used for any reason. Would this be adequate for this? In place of adding another line/circuit. Or should it still be wired correctly?
  10. Jed54

Surge Protection

I thought the GFI basically was to disconnect power from appliance out to source.. So your saying the GFI receptacle will protect a voltage surge coming in also?
  11. Jed54

Surge Protection

Have a relative adding a new entertainment upgrade. One of which is an LCD TV. All outlets are two prong not three. To get the benefit from a good surge protector doesn't the outlet have to be three prong? I'm trying to remember if some tv manufacturers stress a three pronged outlet..... Thanks
  12. Jed54

Subpanel Location

Thanks thats all I need to know.......
  13. Jed54

Subpanel Location

Sorry for this question, but I thought I seen somewhere in the forum where the do's and don'ts were for a subpanel location ( 30 amp ).. I know it cannot be placed within a closet area, and it has to be accessible quickly in an emergency.. I'm interested in knowing the specific code...
  14. Jed54

Corner Toilet

Was considering installing a corner toilet to gain a bit more space in bathroom.. existing toilet is in a corner close to wall.. I'm concerned about the toilet aligning with the existing flange.... Anyone have any possible dimensions they could pass along? Thanks.......
  15. Jed54

2nd Floor Plumbing

The one room has a small closet, and there is the main vent stack.. Getting access to vent is very easy... I guess some things seem to be much easier thinking about in our minds other then actually following them thru.... To tell you the truth........ moving sounds even easier... I'm glad our...
  16. Jed54

2nd Floor Plumbing

So even tapping into existing plumbing using present vent from first floor will not work? A second went will need to be added to 2nd floor?
  17. Jed54

2nd Floor Plumbing

Just looking for toilet & sink.... 2nd floor is not very large... the only possible pvc run is going thru floor close to wall, and continuing to basement,, and boxing off work with drywall.. I live in St. Louis,,, My wife watches all these programs dealing with flipping homes..... I seen a...
  18. Jed54

2nd Floor Plumbing

Looking for good reference help on adding a sink & toilet to a 2nd floor home... I'm concerned dealing with the floor joists etc.. & dealing with plumbing codes & inspections.. A relative of mine is having mobility problems, and using the stairs is getting difficult...
  19. Jed54

HVAC Rapid Entry

Has anyone heard of these Rapid Training Entry Programs? They claim they can train you in four weeks to become a HVAC technician.....:rolleyes:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks