Search results

1. Davidhmd

Toilet Flange - Jumbo vs Two wax rings

Our waste line recently backup and the toilet leaked at the base. After we clear the backup, can I prevent future leaks with a better seal? My flange is tilted, 3/8" low on left and 3/8" to 1/2" high on right (relative to the top of the finished floor). Floor is sheet vinyl over concrete...
  2. Davidhmd

Phantom Flushing - Gerber 1.6 Toilet

The tube is held in a groove at the top of the tube. There is no clip to hold it above the tube. With water off for around 8 hours the water dropped about 3/4”
  3. Davidhmd

Phantom Flushing - Gerber 1.6 Toilet

I have a Gerber 1.6 gpf toilet with a 3” flapper and fluidmaster tank parts. It constantly refills itself. I checked and cleaned the flapper and flapper seat and couldn’t find any problems defects or bumps. I tried replacing the flapper anyway and it didn’t help, and it didn’t seem to fit...
  4. Davidhmd

Tight moen shower valve

1 to 2 year old moen m pact posi temp shower valve I installed 2 of these at the same time in 2 different showers. In one of them, the handle has gotten much harder to turn. Likely cause? Thank you in advance for your help. Dave
  5. Davidhmd

Tub & Surround Options - Vikrell, Acrylic,

Looking for 2nd opinions on sterling Vikrell tub w 3 piece surround. Total cost is $600 to $700. I've already read a lot of info online. I know cast iron tubs and tile are the most durable. If I don't get cast iron, I like the idea of a surround kit that matches the tub material. Questions...
  6. Davidhmd

Shower head drop ear alternative?

I need to reroute my shower head supply pipe around the wall niche that I want to install between my shower head and shower valve. There's a larger wall cavity behind the shower valve. If possible, I would prefer to re-route the pipe with only three 90 degree turns by running the pipe back...
  7. Davidhmd

Squealing Moen Tub Spout or Shower Valve

Squeal only occurs with tub spout. All other sink faucets and toilets are normal. Tub doesn't squeal if you engage the shower diverter before turning on the water. If the pressure regular is that big WATTs cylinder near my water heater, can you explain how to properly set the pressure? I...
  8. Davidhmd

Squealing Moen Tub Spout or Shower Valve

Recently installed new Moen POSI-TEMP (2570) Tub/Shower Valve, and Moen Brantford style tub spout. From day 1, there has been a very loud squeal/whistle when you turn on the water to the tub. At first I thought it was the valve, and I haven't closed up the walls yet, but now I'm...
  9. Davidhmd

Quieting noisy pvc drain pipes

My pipes aren't squeaking, I would just like to reduce the normal water flow noise associated with schedule 40 PVC pipes. The walls and soffit are already open from some other work. Without replacing the PVC pipes are there any easy steps I can take to reduce the noise? I've seen some...
  10. Davidhmd

Are new toilets the solution?

I'm pretty sure the solution to my toilet problems is to review your toilet buying advice (https://terrylove.com/crtoilet.htm) and buy some new toilets, but is there anything else I should rule out first? House was built in 1984. I assume all the toilets are the original ones the builder...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks