Search results

1. K

1/2" service line too small?

OK, I'll go with 1" from meter to house. Do I need the city to get me a meter larger than 5/8" bore, like 3/4"? Thanks
  2. K

Thanks Terry... working late I guess? So run a 1" line from a 5/8" - 3/4"meter? Would that be a special adapter or can it be done with off-the-shelf pieces? The City of Seattle website say their new meters allow 50-100% more flow for the same size meter as older models. Is this...
  3. K

Hi - I'm in Seattle and in the process of adding a second bathroom to a 1920 house. I've got a 1/2" galvanized line running from the meter into the house, from that entrance it opens out to 3/4" copper for distribution thru the house. The meter (at the sidewalk) is marked 3/4"-5/8", the...
  4. K

is *vertical* distance to vent for toilet an issue?

Thank HJ- I'm curious why it wouldn't be inspector-approved. My intepretation was that the toilet was well within the critical distance to the vent in the basin. I am planning on connecting the 2" shower drain/vent circuit via a wye between the toilet and the basin (in fact this would...
  5. K

is *vertical* distance to vent for toilet an issue?

Situation: new basement bath w/sewage basin & ejector. Toilet located 30" horizontal from basin. Basin will have a dedicated 2" vent to the roof. The 4" basin inlet centerline is 11" vertical below the slab/cover & toilet flange. Do I need to worry about this small vertical drop and...
  6. K

3/4" hot water pipe sizing?

I'm doing a remodel & adding a basement bath. The house currently has one bathroom and all the hot water distribution throughout the house is via 1/2" lines all the way back to the water heater. As part of the remodel I have to replumb all the branch connections to the old bath as well as...
  7. K

sewage pump recommendation

both models pass 2" solids, which seems to be the standard for resdiential models I've looked at.
  8. K

sewage pump recommendation

Hi all - I'm looking for a sewage pump recommendation. The job is a basement bath, stack exits mid-height on the foundation wall, so the lift needs to be 7' or so from the floor. I noticed a WaterAce 3/4 pump on clearance at Lowe's for $199. Big unit but still fits in a 30"X18" basin...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks