Search results

1. lojoma

Distance between plumbing vent and bathroom van exhaust

Is there a minimum distance between where the sink vent goes through the roof and where a bath fan exhaust goes through the roof? Seems if they are too close you could get sewer gas coming back through the bath fan. I did a search but couldn't find this specifically.
  2. lojoma

Does this sink drain configuration look right?

I have a three-basin kitchen sink with disposer in center. I will soon replace the sink and wondered if the current configuration is correct...I can't find a good source on how to set up the drain for a 3-basin sink (a good link would be appreciated). So currently the left basin has its own...
  3. lojoma

Trying to figure out who made shower trim/valve

I would like to replace the shower trim pieces but I can't figure out the markings. There are no numbers on the valve. The only place where it is marked is on the back of the big plate...it has P12040 and a little "omf" in a kind of oval. The handle lifts and turns side to side. The handle...
  4. lojoma

Source for double fixture cross?

I am having trouble finding a double fixture cross locally and went online. I ordered one from a supplier but what I got was a sanitary cross instead. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Ideally it would be either 2" on all connections or 2" top and bottom with 1 1/2" on the sides. Thanks.
  5. lojoma

Moving toilet and vanity in a bath remodel

Hi all, I am trying to change the layout of my master bath. It is a 1950s house with concrete slab, but I believe the master bath is part of a 1970s addition but I'm not sure. I have attached a couple of sketches showing the old and new versions. The LEFT one is the OLD bath and the RIGHT...
  6. lojoma

Bath remodel...moving toilet and vanity

Hi all, I am trying to change the layout of my master bath. It is a 1950s house with concrete slab, but I believe the master bath is part of a 1970s addition but I'm not sure. I have attached a couple of sketches showing the old and new versions. The LEFT one is the OLD bath and the RIGHT...
  7. lojoma

What's holding the inlet pipes in this picture?

Hey, Sorry if this has been asked...couldn't find it in a search 'cause I don't know what it's called. What's the technical name for the strap-like stuff holding the inlet pipes as they come out, and are the pipes soldered to it? I didn't see this stuff at the big boxes. Pic is from a...
  8. lojoma

Clawfoot faucet...tilted wall??

Hi all, I am installing a clawfoot tub and have a problem with the faucet. It appears the faucet is designed to be mounted on a plumb vertical tub wall. Mine is angled a bit, which makes the faucet angled as well...looks goofy and the shower extension would go towards the wall instead of...
  9. lojoma

Presoldered copper pipe...good or bad idea?

Recently I saw at home depot copper pipe fittings with a little recess just inside the fitting opening...solder was in this recess. The idea was to just heat up the joint and the solder would melt connecting the joint pieces without having to use a roll of solder. These connections were on...
  10. lojoma

Yet another single to double vanity question

Hi all, What a great resource! I would appreciate any advice you could offer. I've been searching on this forum but couldn't find my exact situation so bear with me. We would like to take out our single vanity and replace it with side-by-side pedestals. Thus, the traps will be visible and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks