Search results

1. swcooper

Kohler Cimarron toilet review, Owner comments and pictures

I got fed up with the Glacier Bay toilet upstairs that I'd decided to keep through 2013's remodel and had somehow developed poor flush performance AND problems with the float valve. Turned out local HDs had the elongated Cimarron on clearance at $140...if you could find one in stock still...
  2. swcooper

Replacing Cast Iron Burnham

Thanks Dana. I actually discovered it's an ES2-4 that's made it's way down to the basement, so a milder case of overkill. It's not really in a position conducive to side venting, so we'll figure it out with the chimney.
  3. swcooper

Replacing Cast Iron Burnham

Owing to a unique winter inspired set of consequences, I find my self about to replace my 100kBTU Burnham Holiday boiler in my 2000sf 2 storey home. I see a couple of threads suggesting 100k BTU is way over the actual thermal load on there, although we assessed a quick napkin calculation on the...
  4. swcooper

Kohler Niedecken shower valve parts?

What I have is pretty much exactly what he had in the video, yoke with slide in parts. The rubber is in poor condition, everything else is reasonable. Gonna take it to Lowes and see if they have the necessary, very difficult to assess from their website if what they're touting as a rebuild kit...
  5. swcooper

A little further exploration has found this youtube video identifying it as a Kohler Niedecken valve Kohler's website has an exploded diagram So looks like maybe i just need to tug the thing out a bit harder, then find a stockist for the replaceable seats.
  6. swcooper

Same thing I've got one of these too, have to crank down really hard on it to get it shut off all the way. I assumed it was a Kohler since all the associated parts (tub spout, handle, etc) are, and it does have hot/cold and 23068 printed on top of the valve body. Mr Google says results for...
  7. swcooper

Blocked valve

I guess I should further elaborate then: - the system's currently drained of any water. Opening the feed valve (between bubble trap and flo control in the picture) doesn't result in any significant water running out of the bottom of the boiler, regardless of which way the flo control screw is...
  8. swcooper

Blocked valve

I've had flow problems in my hydronic heating since getting my expansion tank replaced a couple of years ago. Last year it sounded like the Flo Control valve was rattling, looking over a diagram of how they're put together, might well be that the weight and washer had become detached. It was...
  9. swcooper

Boiler pressure

Thanks for the suggestions. I've studied the expansion tank and associated hardware, but haven't drained the boiler to zero pressure as yet. Doesn't look like I have a convenient shutoff valve for the tank either. Noted: - Tank doesn't seem to be full, on shaking it a little there's plenty...
  10. swcooper

Boiler pressure

I have a gas - hot water central heating system, with a regulator from the mains to maintain water level and an expansion tank inline close to the boiler (60k BTU Burnham "Holiday", good few years old). Recently the pressure (there's a gauge on the boiler) has been swinging alot when it is in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks