Search results

1. P

Low Pressure and Intermittant water

I am not sure if I follow everything but if it happens again I will take apart the check valve and check the tank fill pipe for clogging. We do have high iron around here and the pipes going into the tank are galvanized. Right now I am going to leave well enough alone until I have more time...
  2. P

OK, I am not sure what is going on. I got home and saw the pressure gage hovering around 42 psi. I did a check on the tank pressure and found it over 43 pounds. I am not why or how it was that high. I reduced the pressure to 38 pounds and had my wife turn on the water. The gage dropped...
  3. P

It is a steady decline. I am planning to look at the whole thing tonight. I wanted to be sure I was at least doing the basics tonight, before I call in a pro. I have new switch and will make sure the tank is at 38 psi before I do anything. Thanks
  4. P

I might. I am at work now and vaguely remember something like a large brass fitting in the line to the tank. I will look at that when I get back home.
  5. P

It was cold around here but not that cold. We have had much colder winters. Frozen right now is 26 degrees. Plus if it was split then I doubt it would rise to full pressure as fast as it does. It pretty much goes straight to full pressure when the pump kicks in. The bleed off is steady but not...
  6. P

The things I am replacing are in bad shape. The gage is rusty inside and since I have the system depressurized I will replace the $13 switch. If it goes beyond that I am calling in a professional. I can do all the basics with plumbing and trouble shooting but if we get into lifting pumps, it...
  7. P

OK, thanks. I think my first step is to replace the switch, gage and retape all the threads. Then I will repressurized everything. If I still have it and it sounds like I will, I will call a local well company.
  8. P

The well pump is a submersible, torpedo type. I am not sure of the depth but I know that a few years ago there was a small drought in our area. Other wells ran out and we had no problems. I am assuming it is fairly deep. I hope this is what you mean by type of well.
  9. P

A few days ago our show pressure started to drop slowly and then go to nothing for a few seconds, then surge back to full pressure. I went to the basement to watch what was happening on the pressure gage and noticed the pump would run to 60 psi and shut off. The gage pressure would...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks